Bonus Puzzle - ID This Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome to an unscheduled Bonus Puzzle. This one will give you a chance to demonstrate your wood identification skills. The first person to properly identify the wood in the picture below will win a box of my Texas blanks, including one of these mystery blanks.

This contest is open to all IAP members but be sure to read the rules and guidelines below before you start guessing:

1. Any IAP member in good standing is eligible to participate. The Universal Bash Guidelines apply and your Personal Profile must include your full first & last name.

2. This Bonus Puzzle is separate from the BASH Puzzle Contest. You may enter and win this contest even if you have already won an individual puzzle prize in the Puzzle Contest. The winner of this contest will not earn any points toward the overall Puzzle Contest prize, but you will win a box of blanks and bragging rights for winning the 2015 Bonus Puzzle Contest.

3. Post your guesses for this wood in this thread. You may make as many guesses as you want, but only one guess per post. There will be only one winner, so there is no point in repeating a previous guess.

4. The winner will be the first person to post the proper common name of this wood. The scientific name or an AKA will not be accepted.

First hint: this wood is from my farm in Columbus, TX

Good luck & have fun
Edgar

Skewer

I'll also say Lilac, I have no idea if that grows in Texas or not. I imagine that being some kind of flowering tree/bush.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I feel obligated to guess:

Tickle Tongue

Nice try :)

Even if that were correct, it would not be accepted because that's an AKA. The proper guess for this contest would be "Prickly Ash" - but don't bother, because that's not it either. :biggrin:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Great guesses guys, but no one has it yet

We do have most of what's been guessed so far on the farm - well, no apricots and a couple of others.

We do have Acacia, but there's only about a thousand varieties of acacia, so that would not be an acceptable answer (IF it is an acacia :alien::alien:)

Top Bottom