Trivia Feb. 5

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

As a pen turner you soon learn that turing a nice pen is only half the battle. You learn you also need to take a good picture of said nice pen. One of the members here has been especially helpful with the the photography side of penturning, writing several helpful threads on composition, perspective, ISO setting, white balance, and several others. He even let us know when a decent camera went on sale. Not too long ago he posted some bird pictures from a trip he took. The question for today is

In his post what name did he say the locals gave to the roseatte spoonbill that was pictured?

You must EMAIL your answer to trivia@penturners.org. Your email must include the date in the subject line. Your email must also include your real first and last name, your IAP Screen name, email address, shipping address and your guess for the answer to that day's trivia question.

Remember you only have until noon tomorrow to get your answers in for today's question. You also still have time to answer yesterday's question. Good luck.

Just in years past good natured conversation is not only encourage, but expected below! PLEASE DO NOT POST THE ACTUAL ANSWER IN THE COMMENTS. Tongue and Cheek answers below are okay though!

The Prizes for today are:

Box of blanks from Jeweler53 valued @ $50
$25 gift certficate from Classic Nib
Box of blanks from Mike L valued at $50

Just to clarify, you are only eligible to win one daily prize, but don't quit playing once you win. You can still gain points and are eligle to win one of the final 3 prizes!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

the two pointy finger angry eyed DOliver
Capture_zpscantwnjj.jpg

Last edited:

D.Oliver

You know if there was a bird call the DOliver, the eagle would be so mad, which is understandable. I'd be mad if I lost my spot on the flag too!

wyone

I thought it was really cool.. Penturner.. seems the bird kept pecking on the wood.. and the locals would pick up the wood and it was perfectly round.. they just had to drill a hole in it and they had a pen!

Sylvanite

You know if there was a bird call the DOliver...
Nicknamed the "DOliver", the "Raving Loon" (Gavia trivialus) is native to South Dakota marshes. The raving loon nests in wood shavings, eats beef jerky, and can be identified by it's distinctive stare, gestures, and relentless call of "trivia! trivia! trivia!". The DOliver is widely considered a varmint and is one of few birds that the Federal Wildlife Commission encourages people to shoot on sight. Be very wary of the DOliver during mating season (the month of February). It is nearly impossible to restrain and has been known to stalk its prey over the internet. Fortunately, its migratory range is small, so for most people, the chance of an actual sighting is about the same as spotting BigFoot.

Last edited:

TimS124

Spoonbill?!?! Isn't that the thing the waiter gives you so you can pay for the bowl of soup you had for lunch?

Joe S.

I feel like such a stalker after all these "find the post by the member" questions. Although it has helped me catch up on the happenings of the site!

Top Bottom