Trivia Feb. 3

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

Today's Question:

What is the maximum subscription length for a vendor catalog?

You must EMAIL your answer to trivia@penturners.org. Your email must include the date in the subject line. Your email must also include your real first and last name, your IAP Screen name, email address, shipping address and your guess for the answer to that day's trivia question.

Remember you only have until noon tomorrow to get your answers in for today's question. You also still have time to answer yesterday's question. Good luck.

Just in years past good natured conversation is not only encourage, but expected below! PLEASE DO NOT POST THE ACTUAL ANSWER IN THE COMMENTS. Tongue and Cheek answers below are okay though!

The Prizes for today are:

$25 gift certificate to Wood n Whimsies
$25 gift certficate from Sylvanite
$25 gift certificate from Classic Nib

Just to clarify, you are only eligible to win one daily prize, but don't quit playing once you win. You can still gain points and are eligle to win one of the final 3 prizes!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Are we including leap years? If so why? If not why not? Using these parameters the Maximum length is slight longer than the minimum. Send my prize to Doug.

rholiday

The subscription length would be when you've received 1024 pages from the vendor.

Also, if including leap years, then leap seconds should be factored in also.

Bob

Brian G

1.68x10^-5 M/sec

...wait, that's chemistry. Nevermind!

I told you 6.02214Ă—10^23 times that it's physics, not chemistry!

Next, you'll try to con us into thinking –2.303 RT log Keq is how many fewer pens a log of equilibrated Koa makes if Reverse Turned.

Joe S.

Capital M is molarity, which is a concentration unit defined as moles per liter. The unit M/sec is the rate of a chemical reaction; concentration over time. Yes, I am serious about the moles, and yes, I do have a chemistry test this week. The only problem is once I start thinking about logs and natural logs my mind drifts to woodturning!

Brian G

pffft. . . you modern kids and your shorter abbreviations. I remember way back in the day when they didn't give us capital "m". We had to write it out as mol/L/s, AND we had to time our reactions with a sun dial!

Where's my metamucil? Bring me my prune danish! And another thing .zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. . . .

<--Drawer of the worst benzene rings in history; they looked like amoebas.

Last edited:

Joe S.

, AND we had to time our reactions with a sun dial!
You pretty much could with the reactions we did in lab today, we got to see just how slow a normally speedy reaction takes when its in ice water...

By the way, this the first time I have ever seen/heard a "you kids in school these days" speech that did not mention a slide rule, congratulations and thank you!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
, AND we had to time our reactions with a sun dial!
You pretty much could with the reactions we did in lab today, we got to see just how slow a normally speedy reaction takes when its in ice water...

By the way, this the first time I have ever seen/heard a "you kids in school these days" speech that did not mention a slide rule, congratulations and thank you!

I not only still have my 1960's slide rules, I also still have my 1950's vintage Remington-Rand typewriter.

D.Oliver

Capital M is molarity, which is a concentration unit defined as moles per liter. The unit M/sec is the rate of a chemical reaction; concentration over time. Yes, I am serious about the moles, and yes, I do have a chemistry test this week. The only problem is once I start thinking about logs and natural logs my mind drifts to woodturning!

pffft. . . you modern kids and your shorter abbreviations. I remember way back in the day when they didn't give us capital "m". We had to write it out as mol/L/s, AND we had to time our reactions with a sun dial!

Where's my metamucil? Bring me my prune danish! And another thing .zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. . . .

<--Drawer of the worst benzene rings in history; they looked like amoebas.

You know I think a dermatologist could take of those moles for you guys. You should check into it.

Top Bottom