Grand Prize results.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

We had 31 people get all seven trivia question correct. Their names were put into the virtual hat (random.org) and three were chosen to recieve the grand prizes. Now while I let participants claim their prizes in the daily award, these prizes will be assigned based on the order the numbers where drawn.

Our first name out of the hat, winning a Glue and Finish Prize Package from Satalite City and a container of Alumilite ..........

MONTY!

The second name out of the hat winning a Exotic Blanks $50 Gift Certificate and a Classic Nib $25 Gift Certificate..............................

LENNY!

And our last name for the hat, winning a Pen Press from the Classic Nib and a Turn Tex $50 Gift Certificate.......................

TIMS124!

CONGRATS AND THANKS FOR PLAYING!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Congrats to all the winners. Just curious as to why the Trivia contest is only 1 week this year?

Wayne

It's partly based on the number of prizes available and partly on the time demands placed on the contest chairs.

The bash planners decided to run the Trivia Contest for 1 week, conduct a week-long "Match the Pen" contest and run about a week's worth of Puzzle Contests. Due to the time required to set up the puzzles, it will take about 2 weeks to run the 8 puzzles.

Dividing things up this way helped to reduce the time commitments for the contest chairs and when all was said & done, there were enough prizes to award 3 daily Trivia prizes and 3 prizes for each individual puzzle. That will still allow us to award 45 "daily" prizes in addition to the 9 grand prizes for these 3 "brain stimulation" contests.

If there are more volunteers to run contests next year and more prize donations, the bash planners can certainly take that into account for 2016.

Edgar

D.Oliver

Answer A:
The chairmen of the other contest filed an injunction against the Trivia Contest claiming that we were monopolizing the best talent and brightest minds of IAP. A judge agreed with them and said the Trivia Contest could only run for one week.

Answer B:
After going head to head with the Trivia contest for years and always finishing second best, mredburn decided to once and for all to seek his revenge. With the aid of some questionable campaing donations from some questionable donors he got himself elected Bash Co-Chairman. In his new postion of power, he meted out his punishment, first by limiting the Trivia to one week and secondly by making a Trash talking contest which seems to be aimed at particularly handsome trivia master.

Or you can go with Edgars answer. Your choice.:tongue:

magier412

Congrats to all the winners...was a lot of fun to play and visit around the site a bit. Thanks to the committee for all the work in getting this put together!

markgum

congrats to the winners.
dang day job and trying to get life in order has taken my free time.
I also enjoy the window seat on the losers train.
Thanks Derek for running the show this year. Much appreciated.

TimS124

My flabber has been completely gasted...in a very pleasant and surpassingly manner! :biggrin:

Thank you!!!!!!

Ugh...that was supposed to be "surprising" manner. I have no idea how it got auto-corrected that far off from what I was trying to write...

Regardless, I'm very (very very very) happy with winning and with specifically what I one! Many thanks to the donors behind those goodies as well as the BASH Trivia host!

Top Bottom