The 2015 Get It Done Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sumterdad

Hello everyone we are doing a new contest this year during the 2015 birthday Bash. It is called the "Git It Done Contest".

In addition to the Universal Bash Guidelines, the contest rules are as follows:

You will have only one week to submit your entry starting on the 9th of February and ending on the 16th of February 2015. That is right you only have one week to make and enter your pen into the contest.

The Theme: For this contest each person must make a pen using a cigar pen kit for the components, and for the material it must be a segmented blank and it must have these contents, one component of the blank must be some sort of wood, the next 3 components must be the colors Red, White, and Blue.(in honor of Veterans). These 3 colors can be either wood or resin but it must be segmented. Casted mixed colors in the blank will not be allowed they must be 3 separate color segments.

The Rules:

1. This is a pen contest your entry must be made completely by you.

2. You are allowed up to 3 pictures and they must be uploaded to the link that is provided. Please Do Not Enter Submissions' In This Thread.

3. Please do not use any props in your pictures use a solid background cover.

Enter Submission Here: Git It Done

The poll for voting will be posted on the morning of the 17th of February 2015 and will close on the morning of the 20th of February 2015.

The prizes will be as follows
First Constant Lazerlinez GC #1 $125
second Ohio Pen Works GC $100
third Cmiles Bob 2 $40 FireWhatFire $40

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sumterdad

Alright everyone today is the start of a very challenging contest. Now let those creative juices start flowing and lets see what yall can come up with. I am looking forward to see what is being entered

firewhatfire

you ain't funny. :tongue::biggrin::biggrin:

I had an idea immediately and not enough off time to get it done(60 hour work week) and board meetings.

firewhatfire

Chris you might be bored and buzz away. It's kinda like watching grass grow. Look at it forever then you turn away and it needs cut down. Folks are always welcome in my shop. I got no secrets.

Krash

Dang .... this contest is right in my wheelhouse but I don't have time to turn any pens right now (see the Shop Life Photo contest for the reason why!).

Bummer .... :frown:

firewhatfire

sumterdad

Ok so I know some of you are getting anxious to see who won. I will post the winners around 5 o'clock after all of the notifications have been made

sumterdad

Ok We have the list of winners ready. But first let me say thanks to all that entered this contest I know it was a different style and alot of work to get the pens done in just one week. So I think they all should get something but unfortunately we can't.

Drum roll please.............

Last edited:

sumterdad

Ok We will start with 3rd place
Congratulations to

Username: Sylvanite
Full name: Eric Rasmussen

Tell us about your entry: Chrome and Black Ti cigar pen dressed in segmented maple - natural, dyed red, and dyed blue. The red and white segments are angle cut (scalloped) to form a wavy pattern that alternates up and down around the upper barrel

Attachments

• Entry3.2.jpg
    Entry3.2.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 174
  • Entry3.3.jpg
    Entry3.3.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 171
  • Entry 3.1.jpg
    Entry 3.1.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 179

sumterdad

Ok now for 2nd place
Congratulations to.......

IAP Username: Brian G
Name: Brian Garthwaite

Tell us about your entry: This cherry and chome pen represents that our freedom and liberty are protected by intertwined actions of service personnel. This is represented by the red, white, and blue layers of veneer in the knot; the harder the pull, the tighter the knot becomes. We flank our service personnel in support, represented by the red, white, and blue bands. Let's not forget those who have not come home. The white and black veneer bands on the lower barrel are in memory of the POW/MIA. Finally, the long, thin purpleheart veneer lines are in honor of those that gave the ultimate sacrifice, and those that returned home safe, but carrying the scars of service that we who have not served might never understand.

Attachments

• Entry5.1.jpg
    Entry5.1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 169
  • Entry 5.2.jpg
    Entry 5.2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 166
  • Entry5.3.jpg
    Entry5.3.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 169

sumterdad

Ok now for the 1st place winner
Drum Roll please...............

Congratulations to

IAP Username: Twinsen
Name: Greg Jones

Tell us about your entry: This is a Chrome/Titanium Cigar kit from Rockler. The materials are big leaf maple dyed blue and Padauk wood for the blue and red scallops, figured Walunt, white Corian, and aluminium for the circles at the back of the pen and between the other materials.

Attachments

• Entry1.1.jpg
    Entry1.1.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 157
  • Entry1.2.jpg
    Entry1.2.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 570
  • Entry1.3.jpg
    Entry1.3.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 195

Brian G

Whoo-Hoo! Congrats Eric and Greg. Thank you to everyone that voted for my entry. Thank you Chris for chairing this contest. Thank you to the prize donors for your generosity.

Kindly,

Brian G

Top Bottom