Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Congratulations to all who entered!

In third Place with 48 votes

Pen #8 By Sylvanite

129410d1424152586-kitless-pen-voting-poll-pen-8-b.jpg

Angels and Demons". Double-cast from black and white opaque urethane in a 360 degree tessellated pattern, this pen symbolizes the dualistic nature of good and evil. The images are the same on both barrels, but the black "demons" are more apparent against the white lower section whereas the white "angels" are easier to visualize on the black cap - a metamorphosis from one end to the other. I chose not to add a clip because I felt the imagery would be clearer without it.

Eric wins a Gift certificate from Rherrrel worth $50.00 and a set of blanks From John U. worth $30.00

Congratulations ERIC!

In Second Place with 55 votes

Pen #3 by Brownsfan2

129395d1424152021-kitless-pen-voting-poll-pen-3a.jpg

This pen is made from poly resin strengthened with a sleeve of delrin running down the middle of the pen so that it can be threaded and add strength to the pen. The section is made from black Ebonite. The nib is a Heritance #6 nib with Bock Feed The cap threads are 12x75 Section threads are 9x75 The lower body of the pen is extra long for large hands. Thanks for looking!

Ron wins a box of blanks from SteveG worth $110.00

Congratulations Ron!

AND IN FIRST PLACE WITH 137 votes

Pen #1 by Robert111

129365d1424151423-kitless-pen-voting-poll-pen-1c.jpg

In 1929 Sheaffer introduced the Balance, a slick art deco design that would head its lineup for the next 15 years. My version close to Sheaffer's classic Oversize model: 5 5/8 inches long capped and 5/8 inches in diameter at the cap bands. Before beginning I sketch the pen to establish exact diameters at precise points along its length, and then the surface is turned to those precise dimensions. The clip seam and cap bands are undetectable to touch. The cap and barrel screw together smoothly in 1 1/4 turns. The blood-veined green pearl material I used is the same celluloid Sheaffer used in their 1990s Limited Edition Millenium, a tribute to the original Balance. The clip is a rhodium plated Triton, and the steel nib/feed unit is from German maker Jowo. The cap bands are sterling silver stamped out of flat stock by hand with dies and a brass hammer on my bench.

Robert wins a gift certificate from Constant at Lazerines worth $125.00

COngratulations Robert!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

Wow. Thanks so much everyone for the votes. This was only my third try at kitless pens. It was a lot of work because of all the failures along the way. I just though I would enter and see what happened. I did not expect to place though. All of the other entries are just so good and I am humbled to be included with them.

Congrats to the other winners! All the entries were excellent.

Thanks again!

Sylvanite

Congratulations Robert and Ron! I knew they were both winners the moment I saw them. I'm honored to be chosen third - there were a lot of very attractive pens entered and I didn't expect to place.

Sincerely,
Eric

brownsfn2

Congratulations Robert and Ron! I knew they were both winners the moment I saw them. I'm honored to be chosen third - there were a lot of very attractive pens entered and I didn't expect to place.

Sincerely,
Eric

I really like the pattern on your pen. Did you do that with a CNC? It is amazing!

Sylvanite

I forgot to mention it in my pen description, but the tessellation is not my original creation, but rather a simplified version of M.C. Escher's famous design. So, I'd like to give proper credit - and apologize for my earlier omission.

Sincerely,
Eric

Brh

Congratulations to the winners. I thought my entry was pretty good until I saw the competition. Outstanding work, guys.

Regards

magier412

Beautiful work! I feel so lucky to be able to see such awesome pens and learn from you all. Thank you so much for sharing your pens. Congratulations!

Tom T

Amazing work. Those pens are truly beautiful. Thank you for your great and talented efforts. That talent is wonderful to see. Thanks for making the bash a better place.

Robert111

Congtratulations to the other pen makers who each completed a marvelous, amazing pen. You are all master craftsmen.

Thanks to all the IAP people who worked so hard to provide us pen makers with a great time. It was a blast!

Thanks to all the sponsors who support the Bash.

Finally thanks to all the members for your wonderful support and enthusiam.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
All the entries were wonderful IMHO; and the three winners are very deserving.

As a final stage...

Robert111, and Sylvanite have agreed to enter their pens in the IAP Collection Contest that will follow the BASH.

(Brownsfan2 declined as he has some "loftier ideas" percolating!!! Good luck Ron).

So, these 2 pens are the first entries; the top 3 from the Freestyle will be invited, and the IAP Management Team will pick 4 more from the rest of the BASH Contests to round out the voting.

Congratulations to everyone!!! Great inspiration.

Last edited:
Top Bottom