Kitless pens and the Makers 2015

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Here are the pens that didnt win a prize. They are still great pens in their own right. Great Pens guys!

From
Brooks803 - Jonathon Brooks

Custom Fountain pen that started with a black ebonite base. I then sprayed a black basecoat paint followed by different sized metal flake (the same as used in custom car paint jobs). Then I sprayed several very thin coats of Chameleon paint. Black ebonite front section with a satin finish hosting a #6 Two Tone Heritance nib.

129399d1424152190-kitless-pen-voting-poll-pen-4b.jpg

From
Carl Fisher

Inspired by the paint job on a hot rod at a local classic car show, this pen has been created from a custom burnt orange color with pearl highlights and solid black trim and front section. A matching jewel created from the orange body material tops the cap finial. A simple gold nib and clip finish it off.

129406d1424152397-kitless-pen-voting-poll-pen-6b.jpg

From brh - Brian Hope

Fountain pen in Tru-Stone Materials: Natural malachite/azurite tru-stone,acrylic, alloy 360 brass Cap length: 63.1 mm Cap width: 15.24 mm Barrel length: 113.97 mm Barrel width (at widest): 13.16 mm Closed length: 145.32 mm Posted length: 148.34 mm Weight: 27.48 gm. Ink delivery: C/C--Bock #5 nib

129401d1424152285-kitless-pen-voting-poll-pen-5a.jpg

From BRUCE MARKWARDT

Alumilite body and front grip section. 12mm grip section to body threads. Schmidt roller refill.

129394d1424151913-kitless-pen-voting-poll-pen-2c.jpg

From ChrisN - Chris Newswanger

This is my 6th kitless pen, and I tried out some new ideas on this one. I had never seen a coffee bean kitless before, so I decided that's what I would make. This necessitated a sleeve inside the coffee bean blank to add strength and allow for threading. Since I did not want the black Alumilite I used for the sleeve to show in the threading, I decided to make the barrel threads on the section, also a new technique for me. To complete the coffee, I used a nice coffee-colored swirly blank by Jonathon Brooks. This pen uses a JoWo feed, and, since I didn't have a gold JoWo nib, I fitted a Heritance nib to this pen.

129417d1424152776-kitless-pen-voting-poll-pen-10-.jpg

From rustysplinters - Michael Russell

This one was difficult to make. It took multiple tries to get it right in a time crunch. I have wanted to make a custom with deer antler ever since I have seen wooden customs posted. I'm really happy with how it turned out! Deer Antler with Black Alumilite Inserts. No. 6 Steel. Meisternib. Weight: 24 g With Cap: 14.4 cm Bottom: 12.8 cm Cap: 6.5 cm

129414d1424152681-kitless-pen-voting-poll-pen-9-001.jpg

From jyreene - Tyson Nicolet

This is a rollerball pen made out of vintage cellulose acetate from the 20s and 30s. The body and front section are one piece. The threads are triple start.

129409d1424152488-kitless-pen-voting-poll-pen-7-c.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magier412

We have such talented artists here. I feel very fortunate to be a part of this community. Fantastic work...beautiful pens. I aspire to be able to make pens like this some day. Congratulations all...thank you for participating and sharing your work.

Top Bottom