Welcome to the Birthday Bash Kit Pen with One Modification Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmyshrall

Welcome to the 2015 Birthday Bash Kit Pen with One Modification Contest!

- In addition to the Universal Bash Guidelines, the contest rules are as follows:

- This contest is to create the most beautiful kit pen using all parts of a purchased pen kit with one modification allowed. It is open to any member in good standing for activities.

- It must be a 7mm tube ballpoint kit pen with only one alteration beyond what the kit instructions call for. No roller ball, fountain, or "kitless" pens will be accepted in this contest. You can dye, inlay, or segment with your blank in this contest. Just be sure you follow the KIT requirements as this is not a modified or freestyle contest.

- The pen must be made with a commercially available kit that uses 7mm tubes and a commercially available blank. You are allowed to make one modification to the kit such as substituting the kit clip for one of your own design or substituting the center band. If you remove an item from the kit, you must substitute with a similar item with your own design; therefore, no omissions from the kit will be allowed. For example, if you choose not to use the nib or center band from the kit, you must utilize a nib or center band that you have made.

- No decal work or laser work please. This is a beautiful pen contest not a beautiful decal/laser work contest.

- We want this contest to be more about the pen, the blank, and the workmanship of the turner.

- Only one pen per person, so make it your best work. Take the best picture you can because the quality of your pen will be based on what we can see.

- A maximum of three photos will be allowed. Your photos need to be on a plain solid color background with no props other than a clear plastic pen stand.

- The pen must be made for the contest by the person entering the contest and not have been shown before February 1, 2015 on the IAP or any other site. If it is determined that it has been displayed on the IAP or another web site, it will be disqualified and any prize won will be forfeited. As a follow-up to clarify this, do NOT post a photo of your entry ANYWHERE until the contest is over and the winners have been announced.

- Winners will be chosen based on the voting of the IAP membership. In the event that there are more than 10 entries, voting will be conducted in two rounds with the first round to determine the top 10 finalists. The second round of voting will determine the first, second and third place entries.

- Prizes will be awarded for first, second and third places.
1st place --- A silver pen kit valued at $120.00 from Mike Redburn of Silver Pen Parts

2ndplace --- A $100 gift certificate from Constant Laubscher of Lazerlinez

3rd place --- A $50 gift certificate from Robutacion (George Valentine) AND
a pack of 10 Jack Daniels blanks from Jimm1 (Jim Mahan)

- This contest opens at 12:00 AM EST on February 1, 2015 and closes at 11:59 PM EST on February 17, 2015. All entries must be received by 11:59 PM EST on February 17, 2015.

- The poll will be posted on February 18, 2015 and voting will end on February 21, 2015 at 11:59PM EST and the voting results will become public at that time. In the event that a second round of voting is needed, that poll will be posted on February 21, 2013 and will end on February 24, 2015 at 11:59 PM PST. Final results will be posted on February 25, 2015.

- PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR ENTRY DIRECTLY TO ANY THREAD on ANY SITE. ONLY ENTRIES SUBMITTED VIA THE ENTRY FORM WILL BE ELIGIBLE. Only one entry per person will be allowed. If you do not have a second address line, please place "n/a" in the second address line so that your submission will process correctly.

- To participate in this or anyother IAP activity your public profile must contain your real first and last name. Please be advised that information contained in the public profile is not viewable by non-members of the IAP. Members who have failed to successfully complete any previous IAP activities, and who have been notified by the Activities Managerof such, are not eligible to participate in any IAP activities."

- Violations of these rules will disqualify the entry.

- Feel free to contact me by PM if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmyshrall

We have a winner!! (Well sort of...)

Congratulations to Dale who currently is winning the Limited Modification Kit Pen Contest as the first entry!

Now, who is willing to step up and make sure that he doesn't walk away with all three prizes?

If you live in Faith, SD or have a first name of "Ed", "Mike" or "Todd" and chair a Bash contest, I will also need a background check, credit report and three references to accompany your entry besides the entry inforamtion needed by other IAP contestants. This is to maintain the high standards established for this contest... :biggrin:

Have a great day and good luck!
Michael

mmyshrall

I keep saying that I am not entering this contest. Yet I keep coming back to this contest looking at the rules.

Go ahead, make the pen... You know you want to... It'll be far more satisfying than other contests I could name that just have you hunting up IAP tidbits for the amusement of South Dakota waterfowl. With my contest you make a tangible object of beauty that you can claim as your very own. Jump in with both feet, the water's great!

LJPJ

Well, I am gonna give it a whirl. More than likely I will be better off entering it into the ugly contest (if it even becomes a pen). Besides, so far it looks like I will be in second place. LOL Thanks for all of your work Marshal!!

Top Bottom