Dear Diary - 02/09/2015

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmyshrall

Dear Diary,

Thank goodness that the mating season of the Raving Loon (Gavia trivialus), as described here, has ended meaning the IAP can relax from its constant cries for assistance in finding information. It is comforting to know that we will not be stalked or harassed into participating in some insane exercise of the IAP search engine for another year.

Unfortunately, another resident of the South Dakota bird population has taken the forefront in providing annoying and distracting behavior. I speak, of course, of the Greater Pointy Eyed Booby (Sula evillii). This creature is far more insidious than the Raving Loon as it exhibits bizarre behavior and produces random screeches to attract attention. It is easily identifiable by its disturbing, and some say, creepy stare. If in doubt, it can be authoritatively identified by two odd shaped appendages below its eyes that form a "V" shape. Some find it a devilishly handsome creature and encourage it to visit their contest domain in the hopes that it will attract the attention of the general IAP membership. This contest management tactic, based on past history, has rarely worked out as planned.

I am please to announce that additional entries have been submitted for the Limited Modification Kit pen contest and we have a genuine contest on our hands. The 7mm kit is a breeze to complete and can be made absolutely stunning regardless of the number of pens turned by the maker. I look forward to seeing new entries and wish to remind the IAP that this contest is open for entries until February 17, 2015. Official rules can be found here.

Until next time,
Michael

Last edited:

D.Oliver

Dear Diary,

When I grow up, I want to be Derek Oliver!

Until next time,
Michael

Ahhhhhh, I'm flattered!:tongue: But you should really try to emulate Mike Redburn or Mike Broberg... They are the coolest guys that I know! :worship::worship::worship:

Sadly, my only talent is to make people click on :search: repeatedly...:crying:

Last edited by a moderator:

toddlajoie

Dear Diary,

When I grow up, I want to be Derek Oliver!

Until next time,
Michael

Ahhhhhh, I'm flattered!:tongue: But you should really try to emulate Mike Redburn or Mike Broberg... They are the coolest guys that I know! :worship::worship::worship:

Sadly, my only talent is to make people click on :search: repeatedly...:crying:

Derek, you're making our shadow contest (Best Mike&Mike Butt Kisser) to obvious... if word gets out, EVERYONE's gonna get in on the action and there will be too many entries for me to have a shot...

Top Bottom