Trash Talking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

The one thing I find truly sad is that none of the 'ulgy' pens is really that bad. Now 2 years ago, that was some really crazy stuff.
To bad that all the 'good designers' decided that this was the year to take a vacation.

Really, there isn't anything bad enough deserving to win.

Derek Oliver done told be I was banned after that 2 year ago entry. He was just teasing for the Trivia contest but I didn't have any ideas of that caliber for this time.

Here's the part I get a kick out of. In disussing rules for that contest something like "No fecies pens, this isn't a grossest pen contest" is always said. Why do they single out the turd pen? It only got third place. There were two more pens worse than that. The rules should say no feminine products pens and no disemboweled worm pens.:biggrin: And let's not forget that those pens were entered into the "Most Disgusting" catagory that year. Haven't seen that catagory since! I blame Firewhatfire and Twist-ed.:tongue:

BTW I'm pretty sure it was three years ago. Two years ago I don't think there was a Ugly Pen Contest.

Last edited:

firewhatfire

It was 3 years ago. I just assume the shock of the top 3 was enough to stop it forever. I actually had to bring mine to work to show them what it was. I may use it all day to remember the great fun.:doctor::eek: Some say I need help

The one thing I find truly sad is that none of the 'ulgy' pens is really that bad. Now 2 years ago, that was some really crazy stuff.
To bad that all the 'good designers' decided that this was the year to take a vacation.

Really, there isn't anything bad enough deserving to win.

Derek Oliver done told be I was banned after that 2 year ago entry. He was just teasing for the Trivia contest but I didn't have any ideas of that caliber for this time.

Here's the part I get a kick out of. The new rules say something like "No fecies pens, this isn't a grossest pen contest". Why do they single out the turd pen? It only got third place. There were two more pens worse than that. The rules should say no feminine products pens and no disemboweled worm pens.:biggrin:

BTW I'm pretty sure it was three years ago. Two years ago I don't think there was a Ugly Pen Contest.

Cwalker935

Edgar's pen looks like a cross between Mr Potatohead and Barbie. I wonder what Ken and Mrs Potatohead have to say about that? That ain't ugly that's just weird and a little twisted.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
You guys that keep calling my pen "cute" better hope we don't get paired up in the next PITH!

Scott

The last of the Ugly entries are finally up! Go. Take a look at them. Puke. Whatever! I'm still watching Trash Talking to see if there is anything worth prizes. Yada, yada, yada. My cat writes better Trash than you Sad Sallys! ;-)

Scott.

jcm71

Mine is so doggone ugly it reminded all of you of someone you met after drinking your first and only beer, and then sobered up. Most of you don't realize that I insulted you twice in the last sentence. Now you are re-reading the first sentence. 98% of you are wondering how can the first sentence also be the last sentence. Make that all of you. You guys are hopeless. Remember the sage words of Ron White. "You can't fix stupid." Well, perhaps the act of remembering for you guys is too much effort. Did I just repeat a theme from previous years? I am getting that nagging feeling. If so, shame on me. If not, go back to first sentence and keep reading.

Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Glozellenstein looks like Mr. Bill from Saturday Night Live dressed in drag!

When you're creating a Bride of Frankenstein, you have to cobble a lot of strange body parts together - so far folks have identified Mr. Potato head, Barbie, & Mr. Bill -- all pretty gruesome if you ask me. :)

stonepecker

So now that the 'ulgy pen' contest is over........what is the next topic for discussion?

Should we talk about those very few penturners that claim they are from So. Dakota?
Or does someone else have a better topic that we can 'trash'?

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member

stonepecker

I know it is winter. I know it is Feb. I know that the Bash is running.

I also know that the high today is in the single numbers and the windchill is way below Zero.
But we are warm (staying inside). The soup kettle is on. And we have auctions to bid on.

I believe all the seeds for the trees in So. Dakota were blown in from the NW coast.
What is native there is more brush.

Cmiles1985

I'm at my dining room table playing with a handful of Shaeffer's and a couple of Majestics (not the kits), and it appears that a cold front is coming in! I'm afraid the high tomorrow will be less than 70!

D.Oliver

Hey, if I'd known that I'd get swag just for insulting Derek in latin, I'd have looked up "varmint" in other languages too. :biggrin:

I didn't even realize I was entering a contest here. Insulting Derek is just something I do out of habit, I never expected to make a living doing it...

Talk about easy jobs!!!!:biggrin:

You guys are sending me half of your prizes, right?:tongue:

mmyshrall

Hey, if I'd known that I'd get swag just for insulting Derek in latin, I'd have looked up "varmint" in other languages too. :biggrin:

I didn't even realize I was entering a contest here. Insulting Derek is just something I do out of habit, I never expected to make a living doing it...

Derek,

If neither Eric or Todd want to share their prizes, just let me know. For all of the attention you received during this BASH, I would be happy to share my prizes with you. Of course, I happen to like the loons and boobys of the bird world. :biggrin:

Michael

Last edited:

D.Oliver

Derek,

If neither Eric or Todd want to share their prizes, just let me know. For all of the attention you received during this BASH, I would be happy to share my prizes. :biggrin:

Michael

Attention.....well that's a nice way of putting it!:biggrin:

mmyshrall

Derek,

If neither Eric or Todd want to share their prizes, just let me know. For all of the attention you received during this BASH, I would be happy to share my prizes. :biggrin:

Michael

Attention.....well that's a nice way of putting it!:biggrin:

Yeah, well... I had a fleeting moment of sympathy. :eek: But, it's Friday and I am feeling generous with my prizes... you can have all of them:rotfl:

Scott

So,Beavis,Nacho libre,and a lightbulb brand win the trash talking.The judges must all be illiterate.

YES! How did you guess? Illiteracy was definitely one of the top requirements for being a judge for this contest! Anybody who used words with more than four letters got extra points. Now that you know the secret, you ALL can win next year! Or be judges!

I want to thank all who entered this contest! I'm sure you all labored hard over your entries! I wish we could do this all the time! No, REALLY!

Thanks again everybody! It was fun!

Scott.

Top Bottom