Yorkshire Grit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bean_Counter

I use a knock off of it that is made here in the states for bowls and weed pots. I really like it as it def takes the sanding swirls down even farther. With the wax it also makes a nice matte finish on the wood which my wife is a fan of.

walshjp17

I use it on my high-end wood pens followed by Hampshire Sheen Original. Gives the pen a nice finish/shine yet it still has the look and feel of wood instead of plastic as with CA.

BeeAMaker

I use it on my high-end wood pens followed by Hampshire Sheen Original. Gives the pen a nice finish/shine yet it still has the look and feel of wood instead of plastic as with CA.

Does it last longer than most other friction finishes Like the Shell Wax?

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
There was some discussion about these products at the MOVOPG. The consensus was that the finish was very durable. Those eho have used it liked it. I ordered some, it arrived yesterday. Have not tried it yet.

PatrickR

I recently got a tin of this and decided to use it on a pen today. Only time will tell. It polishes to a semi matte finish and adds some darkness due to the oil content. I like the feel it gives. I don't think its intended as a finish but says its compatible with oil base finishes. I put a neutral wax over it.

Top Bottom