Yet another CA issue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bjbear76

I'm familiar with the results of introducing water when applying a CA finish, I get the tell-tale sign that water found a way between the CA and the wood.
This time I avoided that issue and dry sanded all the way through the MM pads.
Yet I still found a couple small spots on the ends of the blanks which look exactly like water got under the CA.

My initial thought was maybe I got some Novus under the CA. Possible? Likely?

If so, from what I've read from you guys is:
1) seal the ends of the blanks with thin CA
2) don't use Novus and use the buffing wheel

Am I am the right track? Which would be the preferred method and are there other options?

wouldentu2?

I don't go out of the way to seal the end. I wet sand use novus and buff with no problems. maybe the edge of the CA is breaking loose when it is removed. Keep trying and be more careful.

RKB

Bill, Sorry to hear about those spots, I hate them. Did they show up before or after assembly? I have had this happen after assembly, I think it happened, for me by, pressing the parts too hard against the CA at the end of the blank. Hope you get it worked out.

Rod

jttheclockman

Can never hurt to seal the ends of the blank with thin CA before introducing water into the equation. Whenever a problem like this comes up you need to attack one possibility at a time so you fix it for future. You start doing 100 different things and you will be back asking the same question. :biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom