Woodcraft Titebond CA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DJ2759

Woodcraft used to sell a different CA other than Titebond, I don't remember the name. They stopped selling it and now carry the Titebond. I have been using a CA finish for all my pens and bottle stoppers for years and have never had a problem until now. It leaves a matted coat and I've been getting these white streaks, see pic attached. Anyone else having this problem? Does anyone remember the name of the brand the used to sell?
Thanks.
Dale

Attachments

• DSCN2182.jpg
    DSCN2182.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 223
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kruzzer

I believe it is called Hot Stuff. If that's it there website still show they carry it. BTW I agree about the Titebond. I never cared for it either.

kglass

Woodcraft used to carry Stick Fast CA glue, but not in the stores anymore. I bought the Titebond CA glue at a Woodcraft recently, and couldn't get a good finish using it. I used up to 12 coats and then knocked down the gloss with 400 mesh, and finished to 12,000 grit and no matter what I did it would not shine. Went back to Stick fast and got great results.

Skie_M

Meh ... and here I was thinking about buying a small bottle of the titebond CA, because I like their normal wood glue.

I guess I'll stick to my usual harbor freight multi-packs of CA tubes.

Top Bottom