Wood Turners Finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmayo

I used the product sold by Woodcraft not Behlens after sanding sealer. I applied six coats of WTF off of the lathe in front of the TV. I sanded with 1000 grit and buffed it using the Beale system using all three buffs and treatment bars. Perhaps not visible is the high shine and extra smooth finish to the touch. I may sell my leftover micromesh pads.

F67F1D44-5FC7-4F25-83EF-880E0C8A6DB4_zps6kx3o7f3.jpg

Unknown wood from Cancun and canary wood for my PT place

05941A6C-DA41-4EC2-9FDF-7D1D81E26916_zpsow0sdcdx.jpg

Yellow heart and Bethlehem olive wood. Antelope Valley Woodturners Association raffle donations.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LoneOak

What product from Woodcraft did you use? It is unclear in your post. I'm just learning and need this stuff spelled out instead of an acronym. Thank You!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
What product from Woodcraft did you use? It is unclear in your post. I'm just learning and need this stuff spelled out instead of an acronym. Thank You!

We were all "New guys" once!! And we all eventually "learned the language" to participate.

Here is a helpful guide, found in our library:

http://content.penturners.org/library/general_reference/Acronyms.pdf

Kinda like learning the "secret handshake"!!

"WTF" was one of the humorous additions, since it has a different meaning in the rest of the net--here it alludes to WoodTurners Finish. (A product of General Finishes)

Last edited:

TonyL

I thought WTF was something very different for a few months before I finally asked.

mmayo

Sorry for any confusion

I use Wood Turners Finish, WTF, by General Finishes. It is useful when I have time, when I want to see grain depressions and I want a durable shine. The shine is permanent compared to most of the friction polishes I have tried (I have many in my shop that did not ring my bell). Buffing kicks it way up too.

Your mileage may vary.

Top Bottom