Why I hate marketing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

I want to publicly apologize to Bill Baumbeck of Arizona Silhouette. My post was not meant as an slam, insult or criticism of Bill. I have never dealt with any other supplier that goes as far as Bill to provide supreme customer service.

My post was intended to highlight the executive / marketing mentality that goes "sell less product for more money". and "Make the consumer think they are getting more; when they are actually getting less". and "advertise one price and then sell for a higher price".

Bill does none of these, and I apologize for my comments.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GouletPens

Yeah, I had the little container there too. I took the plunge and bought the big daddy and didn't use the little one much for a couple months. Just pulled it out the other day, and it's all dried up. That little container is useless! The big one's good though, had it over a year and the wax is as good as the day I bought it.

But yeah, I hear yah. There definitely looks like there's more in there than really is. I feel the same way when I open a bag of chips or cereal.:eek:

Nick

Could it be(and I do not know) is there other suppliers of this product with the same name? I have the small container from Craft Supply and there is no problem with the amount in the container.
The container I have, looks different than the one Randy shows, mine has a metal lid with no lettering on the bottom of the container.

Last edited:

Cowchips

Randy S

I don't know if you wear glasses or not (if the pictures you took look focused to you I would question your eyesight) but the container clearly states that it contains 1/2 ounce of wax. Maybe you didn't read or couldn't see that part - the product is sold by weight and not by volumn.

So, if that same 1/2 ounce of wax came packaged in a quart can, with the exact same label, it that dishonest marketing?

dalemcginnis

Local Chapter Leader
Sorry I don't see the lie. Yes, the container appears to be bigger than necessary but it does clearly state that there's 1/2 ounce in there on the label.

And no, I don't work in marketing:biggrin:

randyrls

I want to publicly apologize to Bill Baumbeck of Arizona Silhouette. My post was not meant as an slam, insult or criticism of Bill. I have never dealt with any other supplier that goes as far as Bill to provide supreme customer service.

My post was intended to highlight the executive / marketing mentality that goes "sell less product for more money". and "Make the consumer think they are getting more; when they are actually getting less". and "advertise one price and then sell for a higher price".

Bill does none of these, and I apologize for my comments.

Top Bottom