White Diamond Buffing Compound

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fleabit

I am only familiar with using a liquid type rubbing compound. I would like to know how to correctly use the "rock" of white diamond. Do you dampen it and apply it to the buffing wheel, or do you apply it to the pen and buff out with the wheel?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Just touch the compound to the wheel...dry... and the wheel will pick it up and hold it in the cloth fibers. I'm new to the buffing scene myself so I don't know how long you have to apply the compound to properly charge the wheel and I don't know how often you have to reapply the compound. But, I'm sure someone will be along shortly to give us the straight skinny!!

its_virgil

Prior to having buffing wheels I lightly touched the buffing compound stick to the spinning pen which transferred a lsyer of compound to the pen's surface. Then I buffed with a piece of t-shirt material. I actually use two grades of buffing compounds. do not get the cloths switched. Now I use wheels and charge the wheels. do a good turn daily!
Don

tipusnr

Would have never thought of touching the buffing compound to the wood. Interesting idea (and kind of what your do with the HUT sticks). Wonder if it still has application in geting rid of scratches in areas the sandpaper doesn't want to get into?

G

Even with the Carnauba sick I'm llery about scratches.
At one time I did apply the white diamond to the pen, but I don't do that any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom