Whatever happened to the Future?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

I haven't looked into the future yet (actually, it wasn't me who was going to try), but I had to respond...liked the topic name!

Thumbs

I was wondering because somebody said it had some kind of plasticiser in it that made it the same as the floor it was put on, I think.
But as it was water based, I thought it might be counter productive to put in on wood. I think somebody was looking for a cheap alternative to CA based finishes and other expensive plastic type hard protective coatings. It seems there should be one definitive finish for newbies/dummies, yes, me, that can be easily applied. At least with reasonable results and that lasts more than two or three days.

ldimick

Originally posted by ligget
<br />I was thinking about Renaisance Wax too, would you recommend it?

I absolutely recommend it. It seems to be a good way to get a sort of hard finish. It holds up well under test writing. It also cleans up a slightly worn finish too.

I prefer to use BLO and then use Ren Wax. The BLO cleans off the dust and brings out the accents of the grain.

The thing I don't like about it is that it has a peteroleum after smell. So a quick coat of TSW and it has a better shine and smells better too!

Thumbs

Are you saying that this Renaisance Wax by itself is a good enough finish after final sanding to present for sale? Only on certain woods? type of pen? Did I miss something?

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
<b>NO Ren wax is not a finish or a hard overcoat</b>...
Rex wax is just what it states... it is a wax, meant to be used over your primary finish as a protective coating.. it is a much better protection than any of the stick waxes out there,,, it is a microcrystalline wax developed for museums for the protection of documents and other fine items... it will not wear forever, but does keep fingerprints from marring the look of your finish...

Thumbs

Thank you, <b>Griz</b>. I kinda thought that was what I read here before. But I'm likely to mis-read or misunderstand on occassion.
Actually, the word is more like frequently!

SORRY! I mis-posted there; it's hard to type while wearing gloves sometimes. No, sadly, that is not one of my misplaced attempts at humor.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom