what kind of finsh for a wood/home brew pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penmaker1967

hi guys i have a question and i know this is the place to ask it. i am involved in the transformation pen swap and i need to know what kind of finsh to use on this pen. it is made of wood and has slices of a home brew pen blank in it. would i want to use a ca finsh on this blank or do i need to se something else this is the first time that i have worked with this type of blank. i know the ca finsh would be good for the wood but would it work over the home brew part ot it or do i need to use a woodturners poilsh and buff it out. any help would be helpful
thanks

Rick P

CA will work on just about anything.....even used it to stabilize moose poo once. Yes moose poo. That's one of the reasons it is so popular. I used it on my own mixed media pens.

robutacion

more info on this moose poo adventure?

Hahahah, you need to do a little search on what is done to the koala poo here in Australia, particularly to the Japanese people (customers...!), the same is done also with the kangaroo poo and god know, what other poo types are used out there...!:eek::eek::wink::biggrin:

This world is a strange place...!:)

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Top Bottom