What happened to Trade Secret for Wood?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tanner

I purchased a few jars of TSW a couple years ago and see that Bill at AZ Silhouette no longer carries it. Is it discontinued? If so, what besides Ren Wax is out there that is similar to TSW?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I could be wrong, but several people have told me that the so called 'Secret' was that this was nothing more than glorified clear shoe polish and the reason it is less common is because people have figured it out.:confused:

Gin N' Tonic

I could be wrong, but several people have told me that the so called 'Secret' was that this was nothing more than glorified clear shoe polish and the reason it is less common is because people have figured it out.:confused:

NOPE!

I don't know of any shoe polish that has carnauba wax in it. Besides, if you read the old threads you will see it was supposed to be made from a car wax. Personally I could care less what it's made from, I know that it works and I use it on many of my pens. Perhaps you are thinking about the thread on Ren wax not too long ago?

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
My supplier of two critical ingredients was killed in South America. I am looking for a new supplier. If I find a reliable source, I will make it again.

OKLAHOMAN

Even as Lou said it's Trade secret for wood I've been useing it on acrylics for a few years now and it just makes it soooooo much easier to remove finger prints. I have about 1/3 of a jar left and am about to star crying if he dosen't find a good sourcde for the ingredients soon.

aggromere

that's interesting. I always thought my ren wax smelled like old fashion shoe polish from when I was a kid and polished shoes.

Fred

Well, there you go. The two secret ingredients, er, secret until now that is, are fresh Coconut and Pina Colada mix. Is it not amazing what you learn when you read the IAP posts!

Lou, try your local liquor store for one and the vegetable isle of the grocery store for the other. Maybe you can get lucky and find them both in great abundance at either place. :cool:

Either way be sure to let us know when you have a new supplier up and you are ready to begin shipping again.

jb_pratt

I'd like to resurrect this topic after 5 years. I just used the last of my TSW and am hoping that Lou has found a supplier for the secret ingredient. Anybody have any idea if this is in production again?

LanceD

I bought a can of Trade Secret Wax. Still have an old can of the TSW. Comparing the two without scientific proof but the smell, color, cctexture, look and feel makes me think they are one in the same.

Last edited:
Top Bottom