What does CA not stick to?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

PAM, Vaseline Petroleum Jelly and Minwax Finish Paste Wax.

I use an 18 x 18 inch porclean tile (Sale priced at 99 cents at HD) over my maple topped workbench glue up station. Each month, I "grease up" the floor tile with one of those listed above. The CA just puddles and can easily be wiped off with a paper towel.

Eventually the "thin layer" of CA that the paper towel didn't get will "sorta" dry. A paint scraper will easily remove this thin layer (this usually takes a month to build up). When I scape the tile I reapply, usually Vaseline.

keithkarl2007

I was gonna be funny and say it doesn't stick to itself but then realised we make it stick to a layer thats stuck to a layer thats stuck to a ............ chunk of wood :biggrin::biggrin:

randywa

Wax paper is pretty much non stick.

Yes, it is! I used to use wax paper, but the CA kept burning through the wax paper. Any ideas on how to stop that?

I just learned to pick up the pace a little. I've started tearing off a piece as long as it is wide and fold down to about 1'2" wide strip. That gives it enough layers to save my fingers. It seems like the wax helps lube the CA a little maybe.

Cal

CA and waxpapar

I actually apply CA on my pens with wax paper - at the slowest speed my lathe with turn. I use slow set (about 45 seconds) and smooth it out over the wood. Once it's the way I like it, I hit it with aresol accelerator (I avoid the liquid spray). I put it on pretty thick. About 3 coats is all I need. Then MM wet to totally smooth and apply a series of abrasive polishes, friction polishes and wax. It's perfect every time. But it all starts with wax paper to which the CA won't stick.

Mark

CA doesn't seem to stick to the packing foam. I recently switched to the Laminate flooring underlayment for applying my CA. The CA doesn't stick to that either.

Top Bottom