Trouble with the 10k gold on a Zen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Katya

:confused:
I have a customer for a HRB blank on a gold Zen. My example looks fine, and he loves the magnetic cap. But I'm worried about the durablilty of the finish.. I've decided not to sell this finish on other pens, and only sell ti-gold finishes.

But I can't find a Zen with a ti-gold finish, though I can find a Dayacom rollerball which looks identical except for the magnetic clip and nib.

Does anyone know where I can get a ti-gold true Zen, or have you had problems with this pen before?
Many thanks
Catherine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

I'm not aware of anyone selling the Zen in Ti-Gold, but I can say for certain that the standard gold WILL wear off pretty quickly with daily use...

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
:confused:
I have a customer for a HRB blank on a gold Zen. My example looks fine, and he loves the magnetic cap. But I'm worried about the durablilty of the finish.. I've decided not to sell this finish on other pens, and only sell ti-gold finishes.

But I can't find a Zen with a ti-gold finish, though I can find a Dayacom rollerball which looks identical except for the magnetic clip and nib.

Does anyone know where I can get a ti-gold true Zen, or have you had problems with this pen before?
Many thanks
Catherine

Hi Catherine!
This is a case where you need to be brutally honest.

10 kt kits are boomerangs (In my experience). Sell it, it will return at next year's show. But it won't look like the pen you sold--much of the gold will be gone.

Some people just LOVE gold hardware. But, if you tell them ahead of time that the gold will wear off (it IS a soft metal) in short order, you can sometimes convert them to purchasing chrome.
As you said, some components are not available in TiGold--so the decision is up to the customer---your job is to inform them.

Good selling!!
Ed

Katya

Thanks, Ed. I've already informed the customer and gave him the option to get the gold Zen or the ti-gold Dayacom rollerball. He'll make up his mind. It's a real shame that the Zen isn't done in the ti-gold.

Didn't offer him the rhodium option.. might not look as good with the blank, but worth mentioning to him.

Katya

Yes, I looked into it first thing.. have always wanted order from them. But that model is also known as an Electra from what I can tell, and I can get it more easily in Canada. Plus, it has an decorative engraved cap, and the pen I'm trying to replace has a plain cap- like the Dayacom rollerball (which I think is the same pen as the Zen, just without the magnetic cap, etc. and a different nib).
Thanks,
Catherine

Top Bottom