Stick Fast Activator problems

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lawry76

Is anyone else having problems with the Stick Fast Activator? I used the aerosol about 3 times and it plugged. I shook it as indicated but nothing will come out. I switched to the pump and the first time I used it, the little piece that makes it a "spray" came flying out of the bottle, and I can't find it. So I am at a stand still. Is this me, and I know we all have those days, or is the mildly common.

Related question. I have an activator from PSI. Safe to use on Stick Fast CA?

Thanks for any hints and/or sympathy.

Robert Lawry
Peoria, Illinois

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cwolfs69

Is anyone else having problems with the Stick Fast Activator? I used the aerosol about 3 times and it plugged. I shook it as indicated but nothing will come out. I switched to the pump and the first time I used it, the little piece that makes it a "spray" came flying out of the bottle, and I can't find it. So I am at a stand still. Is this me, and I know we all have those days, or is the mildly common.

Related question. I have an activator from PSI. Safe to use on Stick Fast CA?

Thanks for any hints and/or sympathy.

Robert Lawry
Peoria, Illinois
they had a big problem with the cans of stick fast activator in the recent past. corrected now. take it back to wherever you bought it. they should have a recall on it. no trouble since they fixed problem.

OKLAHOMAN

Robert, Stick Fast had a problem with the first batch of activators that came off of the line and has since repaired the problem. I don't know who you bought it from but if you PM me your address I'll replace it at no charge. And if you bought it from me I'll throw in a bottle of CA...

sumterdad

There is a know problem with the activator. I went through two cans with it plugged. I would pm Oklahoman and talk to him. Our local store got a new shipment in and the problem seems to be fixed. I made my own little hole with a safety pin on top of the spray nozzle and that worked until I could get a new can from a new shipment.

ohiococonut

I've bought accelerator from PSI and Woodcraft and they both had the same problem you described. Two of them I never recovered. After crawling around on my hands and knees half a dozen times I decided to glue the little white piece in before I use a new bottle.

gingerwood

My bottle of activator clogged when the temp dipped below 50. It started spraying again once it warmed up. A generic activator seemed to work fine while I was having problems.

Carl Fisher

I figured that the can I bought at our last pen meeting (2 months after my first bad can) would have been one of the "fixed" cans. I was wrong but it was also the only brand of activator on their shelf.

Honestly after 2 failed attempts now with stick fast, I'm staying away and going with NCF or similar from now on. Burn me once, shame on you...burn me twice, shame on me.

OKLAHOMAN

Carl, can't blame you for feeling that way, just wondering if the vendor you bought both cans from still had the old stock on hand and you received another of the old stock. I would be happy to send you a replacement at N/C and make sure it's new stock if you PM me your address...

Haynie

Having issues with mine too. Not clogging though. After the first squirt nothing comes out except air. I am not spray crazy either. A short burst like the video says to do. I have to either put it in my pocket or under my arm. It is like it freezes and needs to be warmed up. I am not using it in a cold area. my finishing area is right around 60 degrees. Works great when it sprays.

OKLAHOMAN

PM me your address and I'll get a new spry can in e mail to you..
Having issues with mine too. Not clogging though. After the first squirt nothing comes out except air. I am not spray crazy either. A short burst like the video says to do. I have to either put it in my pocket or under my arm. It is like it freezes and needs to be warmed up. I am not using it in a cold area. my finishing area is right around 60 degrees. Works great when it sprays.

Top Bottom