Squirt bottle question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

GregD

Originally posted by RussFairfield
<br />The bottles should be in the section with all of the hair coloring and dyes.

Well I definately wouldn't think to look there. I mean I only dye my hair once every hundred years.

At least I've got an idea where to look now.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
I can't believe that we have filled three (3) pages and still can't find a plastic squirt bottle.

I'll let everyone in on a little secret. Any bottle that won't melt when filled with acetone will work.

Fred in NC

Greg, since it looks like you are heading to Wally's store, if you happen to find the bottles in WalMart, please let us know in what department and section.

I assume you will be looking for the all-poly bottles with a little removable cap on top. And Russ is very right, the little caps they simply disappear. The electrical wire nut is easier to handle, and easier to FIND !!!

Thank you.

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
Since nobody can find the squirt bottles, here's a way to get them for free.

There are 2 bottles in a box of hair coloring. Buy two boxes, take them home, remove the bottles, take them back to WalMart, complain that the bottles are missing, and get your money back. Four (4) free bottles. [:D][:D][}:)]

I picked up some from the hair coloring section at Walmart a few months ago. The ones with friction polish and Behlens finish twisted into pretzels the first night. Didn't leak, but sure did look strange.
ken

GregD

Yeah! I made the trip to Wal Mart this morning. I found a 2 pack of squirt bottles in the cake decorating isle and some snap cap bottles in the hair color isle. I'm not sure about the bottles from the cake decorating isles though. They are awfuly thin but I'll give them a try.

Fred in NC

Greg, the ones in the cake decorating department are the ones I mentioned earlier. They are thin but made from the rigth material, and work fine for me.

lawry76

I'm the one who started this thread and I wanted you to know where I ended up. DCBluesman pointed me to U.S. Plastics. I bought half a dozen bottles of various sizes. Also a couple of spray bottles. I received them in about 4 days. Love them, especially because the caps fit and don't crack/split. I also received a personal phone call wanting to know if all is well, and an e-mail with a 10% off on my next order. I also received a thick catagloue just filled with different bottles, etc. This will be my source for bottles. But thank you for all the marvelous ideas and tips.

Fred in NC

Robert, I am glad you got your bottles and are happy with them. Thank you for posting about your experience. How expensive was the shipping?

Next time I will try US Plastics. They carry a few other items that I can use.

Fred in NC

Robert, that is not too bad, actually. At the current price of gas it is probably a good deal. I have been ordering more stuff to be shipped to me rather than driving 50 miles to get it.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
When I have ordered from USP I have combined orders with a few friends. When you split the shipping it ends up being a bargain...particularly since you can get just about anything imaginable from these folks.

Here's a link to good info on what different 'plastics' can handle. Interesting stuff.
ken
Physical Properties & Chemical Resistance of Plastics
http://www.bibby-sterilin.co.uk/internet/download.nsf/7abdce199749fe9880256b1f0050d088/460009338fcede8280256ce100569d39/$FILE/_7a1k7isr9cdgmo82ge9nn0pbiehkmasp04og46q35dlkm6obc4196asr9edq62rj3ckg6uph0a1m62srkd5hn6_.pdf

Originally posted by GregD
<br />That must be a good site. The URL is long enough.
[:D][:D]
Almost as long as the reg code for a shareware program I bought this week:
iDFb7&zEVoUvUNHwTO5vPfzH1Y029JhIAUBYNCFCSMrI9a6csg1zQ_OfNHAzroA4r_3t0aJ4oXTmifs8vG0xeixylr6DsFCB2gBZ7ZZj3jRnlPNEvfn26vI7ckzgApcgqJquXQDq7g74sLsBMu8C2lfNthzbixlWpQs4uwEzegp

Thank goodness for Copy/Paste!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom