Rubberized CA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Andrew_K99

This is how it is described on one pen related site: "Black Rubber Toughened Instant CA Adhesive. 1 oz. bottle. Use where flexibility and vibration resistance are needed".

I've never seen it used before.

AK

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I have seen a clear rubberized CA advertised, but I don't think it would work as a finish since it would be slightly flexible and not give a "hard" finish to the pen.

Knucklefish

I have seen a clear rubberized CA advertised, but I don't think it would work as a finish since it would be slightly flexible and not give a "hard" finish to the pen.

Monty, have you tried the black rubberized CA to glue in pen tubes? I bought some from you but haven't tried it yet. Was wondering if you had before I try it out?
John

I have just started using the black CA and you do not want to use it as a finish. You also want to be careful when gluing tubes into light colored wood as the CA penetrates the wood so when I do use it on lighter wood I personally prefer to make sure I can mill some wood off.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator

Monty, have you tried the black rubberized CA to glue in pen tubes? I bought some from you but haven't tried it yet. Was wondering if you had before I try it out?
John
I have not, and I don't think it would work for gluing in tubes as it is slightly flexible, and IMO it could twist from the blank while turning.
The only thing I use the black rubberized for is when I want to fill a very small void in black, or glue in a cut piece like a star and want a black border around it.

Top Bottom