Questions about finishing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

adirondak5

I have been speaking to Rick almost exchanging emails with Gary.
The Ulti dries in a second with the UV light held 6 to 8 inched from the surface (that was in line with my experience.

Gary just wrote me that the Thin Hard dries in 20 seconds...still very good. I should get it by mid next week. Ebay was the least expensive when combined with shipping.

So far I have not found the vinyl grain sealer anything to right home about, but I plan to try it on to wooden pens tomorrow. According to Gary the grain sealer doesn't respond as well to the UV flash light as it does to sunlight. I will see.

I saw their ebay listings and without going back to the website thought the prices and shipping seemed reasonable . Interesting that the sealer doesn't respond to the UV flashlight as well as the other products . They make so many different types of finishes it can be a challenge figuring out what to use , even just for testing purposes .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

They make so many different types of finishes it can be a challenge figuring
out what to use , even just for testing purposes .

That is why I spent 45 minutes on the phone with Gary about a week ago....I was lost. I think like other products, one has to experiment and see what suits you (or doesn't suit you).

I am going to give the Ulti product and sealer another try today. I learned yesterday that I was holding the light too close for either products...they recommend 6 to 8 inches from the surface.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
What ever happened to learn on your own and not depend on others to teach you.

I really don't want to have to delete anything, but this seems designed to create the type of posts that can make a nice thread like this turn sour very quickly...

Please ignore this post I've quoted and move on - chum in the water only works when you go for the bait! :)

edstreet

No need to delete or ignore anything. Just keep it on context as it was meant and don't read anything into it and all should be fine.

The problem comes up that when you are in new grounds you have to be the pathfinder. That means there are no tutorials, help from others or the like. It's learn as you go and make path.

There are those types that want to explore new grounds and those who wants others to do it and teach, instruct, others the application.

Top Bottom