Polyethylene gloves?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I am curious if anyone has a recommendation for polyethylene gloves to use with CA finishes. I currently use the food service, very thin, polyethylene gloves that I found on Amazon. They work fine; however, I would like to use something a little thicker, and have not been able to find them through my internet and Amazon searches. That tells me that they either do not exist (unlikely) or I am searching for them using the wrong key words (likely). In the videos I have seen, people usually are using nitrile gloves, which CA sticks to, sometimes with a latex overglove. I would rather avoid that if I can find a polyethylene glove with a thickness more like the latex or nitrile verisons. If anyone has had luck or knows of a product that I should be searching for, I appreciate the recommendations. Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
2 mil is the thickest mil I can find. That's probably due to their intended purpose being food service, being disposable, and recommended frequent changes.
A box cost is $2.74, and 3 boxes is just over $7.

jttheclockman

I have bought the nitrile gloves from Harbor Freight and Peachtree USA, I use to buy them in bulk from them when I went to the woodworking show that comes to town every year. I bought many things like this from them because we got good show prices before.

chartle

I just wrap a little blue tape around my finger. But I think since the poly gloves don't stretch they can't make them too thick.

Thanks dthayer

Just wanted to give dthayer a shout out. Got the gloves that he recommended from Amazon. Turns out they are from the same company as the ones I already had, but they are a hybrid and are much thicker and more durable. Used them this weekend without issue. Much happier now. Thanks! :)

Top Bottom