Pollish / Buff / Dremel

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David M

Okay I know there a 20,000 different pollishes and finnishes , and about as many ways to apply them .
Heres what i did on one of my last bullets . to shine the brass . like most i mm it , then on the lathe buffed it . it has a nice shine .
3006Antlerincopper.jpg

You know the little buffing pad that comes with the battery style dremel tool . used it on slow speed with blue buff compond . lathe on slow speed also 600, 800 rpm ... made the brass pop
anyone else pollishing with dremel ?

WoodWizard

Im just starting on making pens...but I know now...that i MUST attempt one of those bullet/antler pens...That looks great...is that a kit?

David M

thanks , it is a slimline copper kit .
its a little easer to start with a 308 , the brass tubes thats in the kit will work , 30.06 is longer

rej19

Yes I have used the dremel small buffing wheel for a few pens that I used the pen wizard on. A little tedious but it worked well.

Keith, the simplist way to make the antler/casing pens is to use a slimline kit. You can get the casings already prepped with tubes or you can drill them out yourself and glue the tubes in. For me it is a lot less fuss to just buy the casings prepped. Several guys on the IAP offer them. The slimline nib fits the casing with no modification needed. Then you just turn your top antler or wood to the diameter of the casing. You also can use the clip with the slimline along with the transmission and your all set. You just got to be careful and not make the top to large or it puts a strain on the clip and doesn't look as good and almost impossible to clip in a shirt!

Top Bottom