Pink Dye for wood? How to make?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

I am working on a pink color ply wood pen for a friend. I started turning the first blank and found it is not as pink as I would like. Most of the pink is on the veneer laminations with only a little penetration of the veneer itself. I checked on the Woodcraft site, but found no pink in their dyes. I do have some red, yellow and several other colors.

So how to make a hot pink dye? Is there a color combination I can try? I have several extra blanks i can experiment with.

Thanks for any help you can give.... Randy.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wyone

THis was what I found online... not sure if you have any of those color dies

A simple way to make hot pink is to mix red, purple, and add a little bit of yellow. Then, add more colors according to how light or darkyou want the color to be.
I also know a way of making hot pink and that is using more red than white and then a dab of yellow. I find this is affective when you only have primary colours. For example, you may not have purple so the answer above might not be as helpful!

terry q

Randy

I have 1 stabilized pink spectra ply left. Its yours for $7 plus postage. Let me know.

Attachments

• 2014-09-29 16.48.52.jpg
    2014-09-29 16.48.52.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 437

randyrls

Randy

I have 1 stabilized pink spectra ply left. Its yours for $7 plus postage. Let me know.

Thanks for the offer Terry; I found that the transtint color Bordeux with some red and a touch of yellow makes a good hot pink.

Mitch; Thanks for the ideas.

Last edited:
Top Bottom