Ouch!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dave_M

Ever have one of those moments? You know... when you apply that final coat of finish to one of the best blanks you've turned in a long time, and you do something stupid like drop it. Dang it!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

george

I of once so exited to make very nice ebony blank, I went to the buffing system, and buff the blanks in the hand, and not on the mandrell. It of course flew out of my hand, chipped on the floor, and when I saw the damage, I threw the other, undamaged blank into the wall. What a waste of time that was.

chriselle

I of once so exited to make very nice ebony blank, I went to the buffing system, and buff the blanks in the hand, and not on the mandrell. It of course flew out of my hand, chipped on the floor, and when I saw the damage, I threw the other, undamaged blank into the wall. What a waste of time that was.

Ha ha...I offer "tribute" to my cement walls from time to time, too.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Or the ornament you've been working on for days and you decide it would look better in Satin rather than the Gloss you already sprayed it with and the whole thing goes white with finish reaction....

Yah, been there done that. Sorry for your frustration!

GK

Munsterlander

Oh yeah, did that just a couple days ago to a nice piece of coolibah - argghh! Fortunately no damage to the wood so just resanded and did it again... I think Hank is more controlled than me - once it starts to drop I'm grabbing for it and redirecting it all over my garage - I'd have to pad the whole floor, walls, and ceiling, plus my lathe and every other hard surface in sight...

Top Bottom