Odie"s Oil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcm71

Yesterday I vended at a mini-market that was outside with sunny weather with the temps about 90. Across from me was a fellow from NC who was selling cutting boards and slabs (cypress and teak). His products were exposed to the sun basically for the entire 3 hours we were there. When we got to talking I asked him if wasn't afraid that the sun and the heat was going to damage the finish on his products. He was totally unconcerned. Turns out he uses Odie's Oil as a finish. One coat only. The finish seemed to hold up very well during the course of the afternoon. It can be used as a friction polish, so I'm thinking of trying it out for my pens.

Just wanted to know if anyone else has used this before. Here is a link to their site. https://www.odiesoil.com It is also carried by Rockler, CSUSA, Peachtree, and WC.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

donstephan

Web site says it is blend of oil(s) and wax. Wax coating will wear off quickly if used on pens. Without knowing what the oil(s) is, can't say if it would water spot when wax worn away. Couldn't topcoat with anything because of the wax.

tdsmart

I've been experimenting with Odie's Oil on platters and bowls. So far so good on these. I've not tried it on pens yet.

Top Bottom