New "CA Blend" finish?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
S

spiritwoodturner

I just saw Penn State is advertising their new "CA blend" finish. Anyone try it yet? My gut tells me it's gimmicky, because how much quicker and easier could it be, and at 6 bucks an ounce, it darn sure better be one Hell of a lot better and easier than CA!

It's 11 bucks for 2 ounces, and at 3 times the price for CA, I'm skeptical...but curious.

Thanks,
Dale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
S

spiritwoodturner

I'm guessing no one has tried this, as you can't even bring it up on their website yet. It's on page 2 of their New Year 2009 catalog, Issue #091A that I got yesterday. You also can't yet bring it up on their interactive catalog online as they don't have that one posted yet either.

Penn State's a bit slow on the uptake...but here's what the catalog ad says.

"Put a true acrylic finish on your wood pens. Get a rock hard, ultra shiny finish that makes the grain pop, won't mar, won't scratch, won't yellow, cleans like glass and will last forever. Specially formulated from CA to produce a true level of acrylic on your wood pen surface".

Boy, FOREVER seems like a long time! I wonder if it will tutor my kids in their schoolwork too, and walk the dog while it's at it...

Dale

woody350ep

right, isn't CA cyanoACRYLAte? as in acrylic? And, as far as I know, CA would last forever also. I won't be trying it, there's no doubt about that.

Skye

^Kinda what I'm thinking.

I say if it aint broke, don't pay 3 times as much for an 'improved' version.

After the whole 'bullet' pen idea from them, I'm not putting too much past them.

Dario

Isn't advertising and marketing wonderful?

I was on a mall one time and there is a guy selling something. One customer said she will buy one but is there any add-ons? The guy said yes and talked smoothly about this light, waterproof, flexible, rot proof, multi-functional, etc. etc. container that will be included. He did give her a plastic bag. :biggrin:

Top Bottom