never-dull wadding

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hughbie

hey gang....i hear of people using all kinds of 'polish'.
i use HUT's ultra polish and don't have any problems with that.
my question comes from people mentioning polishes like brasso, and others for removing fine scratches like auto polish and stuff.
i recently ran across an old can of 'never-dull' that i had back when i was in the navy.....that stuff never wears out....and in polishing metal buckels and stuff, it's great.

has anyone ever tried 'never-dull' on pens?
just curious......let me know ya'll's thoughts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
it is available at kragen's/schuck's/??? auto parts.

i wouldn't think it would work very well because it is a chemical cleaner rather than an abrasive cleaner. for instance it was never useful on the military brass until after you removed the protective coating with braso.

gk

I have a can from somewhere in my past sitting on my work bench. I never used it in the military... always used Brasso to polish my brass, or in a real pinch, a little Tabasco.
I'll have to give the never-dull a try sometime.

hughbie

i think (i still haven't tried it myself) that the 'wool' like wadding and the chemical might work....i don't think i would eventhink of using it on unfinished wood though....needs a good protective coating,
i would think anyway

its_virgil

I don't really intend for my comment to sound harsh but I know of no other way to say it. So, here goes and I hope you accept it in the spirit in which I give it. My first thought to questions like this one is "Why not try it, experiment with it, test it out, then report back to us with your findings. I just spent several minutes searching and could not find any mention of using never dull on pens, except for Lou's comment about eagle may have used it. But I found no comments on how it works. So, you may be the first to 'use it and report about it' as to what you discover. I look forward to your findings.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

has anyone ever tried 'never-dull' on pens?
just curious......let me know ya'll's thoughts

hughbie

i think i will.........t wasn't harsh.....just to the point....and i prefer it that way. sometimes i need a brick or two to come upside my head to make me think straight......
i'll give it a shot this week/weekend....
i'll post results....thanks don

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
Anything that has abrasive particles in it can be used to polish the finish on a pen. Some, like Brasso, may have a solvent that will damage some finishes. Other than that, they all do the same thing.

My advice is the same as Don's. TRY IT. It takes less time to try it than it did to type your question. If it improves the surface gloss, then keep on using it. If it doesn't then forget about it.

Top Bottom