Micro Mesh vs Beall Buffing System

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

super8mm

Does anyone have some comparisons between Micro Mesh finishes and the Beall Buffing system for acrylics and woods with CA?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Thanks john, good reads. Looks like it takes practice and experimenting to get the buffing to a quality you like.

Yes but if you break it down there is not much difference between the 2 methods. Alot depends on the final application of polish. You can skip steps with a buffing system as some do. Some people take it to that next level and incorporate it after they go through the MM. To me I see no difference and just adds more time and care is needed when working with buffing wheels. Things can get out of control quickly. But to each their own and just gave you a couple links to read over on the subject.:)

TonyL

My experience is similar to what JT said. However, I added two finer buffing compounds beyond the white diamond. The MM worked fine, I just don't like wet sanding- I used MM wet. "My" approach" is in the library under "4 Stage Buffing System". I personally find it takes less or about the same time. I also like the control that I have by varying the amount of compound, rpms, friction, etc.. with the buffing wheels. It does take practice, but it is easy to observe (lots of light and a 10x loupe) and control what you are doing. I have found after buffing a dozen or so barrel of various materials, you acquire a "feel" for what you are doing. It's a personal preference thing.

TonyL

Thanks Tony, great information.

In the order of grits where does Red Rouge fall compared to the P-22 and P-112?

I didn't consult the link above (but no reason not to); I asked the folks at caswell for compounds that were finer then white diamond. . if you want them, I have plenty and would by happy to send you a SFRB. If you want them, just send me your address in a PM.

Top Bottom