Maybe a silly question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

emtmike

I have been to WalMart and there I found some small tubes of Super Glue. There are a bunch on them in a package for $1. Is there a difference between that and the CA sold by some of the members here?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TerryDowning

quality, freshness, and viscosity.

The 1 dollar stuff I have seen at Walmart is super thin and sets off really quickly. Too fast for gluing in tubes. Possibly too fast for finishing depending on climate and humidity where you are at. Like may things in life, you get what you pay for.

emtmike

That's the thing. As for freshness. The tubes are so small that you have a fresh one every pen. I know it is thin but I have been using it for a few years for gluing tubes and have only ever had a problem with some poly resin blanks. As for finishing, I have always had excellent, at least I think, results with it. I am just looking to know if I can do better.

PenMan1

DO THE MATH! even a $1 per tube (less that 1/10 of an ounce), you are still paying considerabaly more than buying the fresh stuff from Monty. REMEMBER if you buy $50 (Monty, I hope that's still correct).... SHIPPING is included.

Rough estimate...From Monty +/- $1 -2 per ounce. From Wally World 1/10 Oz is $1. I can't pay 10 times as much for STALE GLUE....I'm a poor chicken:)

Top Bottom