General Finishes Salad Bowl Finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fatdawg

Has anyone tried using General Finishes Salad Bowl Finish on a pen? Alot of threds lately concerning alternatives to CA got me thinking about it, plus the fact I have almost a half of quart of it. I have used many times on bowls and gobblets and leaves a hard glossy finish. Seems to hold up well.

jcm71

What's the drying time? I have turned a lot of bowls and used Behlen's Salad Bowl finish to finish them. The finishes are still beautiful after more than 20 years. HOWEVER, each coat took six to 12 hours to dry. Not very efficient when you can apply 20 coats of CA well inside of 30 minutes.

Fatdawg

The dry time is 6-8 hours between coats, with a minimum of three coats recommended. I'm not looking for a quick finish, as I use CA quite a bit. Was just wondering if anyone has tried it. I made up four slims last week and used the salad bowl finish on them. I'm going to give them out to a few of my business friends to try out. I'll be checking the wear on them monthly for about a year to see if they can stand up to CA.

What's the drying time? I have turned a lot of bowls and used Behlen's Salad Bowl finish to finish them. The finishes are still beautiful after more than 20 years. HOWEVER, each coat took six to 12 hours to dry. Not very efficient when you can apply 20 coats of CA well inside of 30 minutes.

Top Bottom