Finish for Acrylester?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodChucker

Would Renaissance Wax be a good choice for a final finish on Acrylester? Or do you even need a finish on this stuff? Thanks!

R.T.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rudy Vey

For all plastics you do not need any special finish. You wet sand all the way to either 2000 sand paper or 12000 Micro Mesh, wet as I said.
To finish off you can either use the Novus polish or any fine automotive rubbing compound (the stuff they use for rubbing out scratches on cars) and then follow by the Novus anti static. Thats the way I finish my acrylics. The pens will shine for ever, no need for any wax after this.

Rudy

WoodChucker

Ok, thanks Rudy! Just so I'm clear on what you said, are you saying I don't ( have ) to do anything to it and it will be ok? But as an options I could do the other things you suggested? Thanks!

R.T.

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by WoodChucker
<br />Ok, thanks Rudy! Just so I'm clear on what you said, are you saying I don't ( have ) to do anything to it and it will be ok? But as an options I could do the other things you suggested? Thanks!

R.T.

As I said: no need for a finish at all!!! Just sand out all scratches with ever finer going sandpaper (and as I said <b></b>wet<b></b>) and remove any leftover fine scratches with the Novus polish (or rubbing compound).

Rudy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom