Decals

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyingmelon

I know that this topic has been covered recently but I am having trouble with a few things before even getting started. If anyone can address these issues I would be very happy.

1) Where do you get the clip art for them? The ones that I have found are too large to place on a pen.

2) When printing do you have to use a full sheet for one decal or can you print only one image and save the rest of the sheet for other images?

Thanks for answering
Russ

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

I use Word and resize my images that way. I then print a test page on normal paper and hold it up to the pen. If I am happy with the size, then I cut a small piece of the decal paper and tape it on the paper over the image. I then reprint the image and then spray it with the bonder and leave it sit overnight.

altaciii

You can find free clip art on the web but you have to cut and paste it in a picture program to size it. As for the printer, I make a single line of whatever decal it is so I can cut it in a straight line and reuse and print on the rest later. The paper is to expencive to waste on on one decal.

Ligget

I have a little question, do you need to spray the decal with bonder or can you just let it sit overnight before applying a CA finish over it?

DavidSpavin

I have a little question, do you need to spray the decal with bonder or can you just let it sit overnight before applying a CA finish over it?

If you are using 'Wet Slip' decals and an inkjet printer you have to seal it to stop the water dissolving the ink. I have started to use 'dry' decals, it's more expensive per sheet but I get far fewer failures.

Top Bottom