Decal/label question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wood Tamer

I have a relative that wants me to turn some Euro style pens for him out of a few teak wood strips he provided me. He asked me to add names (single line) in a gold color to stand out from the medium to dark teak color. What would be best, decals or some kind of sticker? I've performed some searches on decals and it looks tedious, like you could mess it up easily and I don't have extra wood so it's a one time shot at it. plus I've never used a Ca finish. Any suggestions for me? Thanks DG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Find a laser engraver and fill the names with gold "rub-n-buff".

I can;t help with decals since I've not done any. Someone should offer some help with decals.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

I have a relative that wants me to turn some Euro style pens for him out of a few teak wood strips he provided me. He asked me to add names (single line) in a gold color to stand out from the medium to dark teak color. What would be best, decals or some kind of sticker? I've performed some searches on decals and it looks tedious, like you could mess it up easily and I don't have extra wood so it's a one time shot at it. plus I've never used a Ca finish. Any suggestions for me? Thanks DG

gwilki

I've done several decal pens and a few more label pens. For a single line name, I would go with John's and Don's adive - get them lasered.

Wood Tamer

Thanks guys for the recommendations. I've checked out the decals and engraving and I think I'll look into the cost of engraving. I think it would look better for my application. DG

GouletPens

There are several engravers out there that can do it for a fair price. If you want to get into decals and stuff, it's better for pictures but not as hot for words. That's where the engraver shines. Then with the engraving, you can always backfill with whatever colors you like.

Top Bottom