Click Pens.....Why Don't They Work????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy_

Click pens are clearly popular for a lot of people. Fact that they are quick to deploy and don't require 2 hands to operate, makes them very attractive!!! You can get cheap(29 cents) throwaway click pens at Wal-Mart and elsewhere that work like a champ and never fail.....you just lose them. Why can't Berea, PSI and others come with a reliable kit???

Has anyone ever tried to take the guts out of a commercial click pen and use them for wooden pens???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ilikewood

CSUSA sells a great 10K Click pen...one of my better sellers. I make matched sets with the pencils and they are beautiful together. I like the click pens and they are very easy to make and very reliable. Give em a try.

daledut

I guess I am at a loss. I have made several PSI SL Pro click pens and have had no problem with the mechanism. I carry one every day to work and even have a nervous habit of clicking and un-clicking it repeatedly, still with no problems.

I have used the cheap Bic click mechanism to make a wooden pen and over time I find it cheaper in feel and less reliable.

Please enlighten me as to what problems you have, because I have not had any.

vick

I have worked wuth CSUSA click pen and I found the click mechanisk worked great. Unfortunately the clips on them were terrible. I made a couple without the clip to sell as "Purse pens" so far no buyers so I have not used them again. Just my opinion.

joeyh

The problem that I'm having with the Barea pens is that the click mechanism is sticky. What I mean is that you can click it out, in ,out, and then it will not click back in. You then have to push on the ball point and monkey with it until it goes back in. It still won't work correctly until you unscrew it and put it back together. It will then do the same thing that I stated above.
Michael

Randy_

Thanks for the information. There have been a lot of posts about click pens that don't work very well so I am glad to find out there are some that are reliable. Think I will try a couple of the CS-USA 10k kits. They are only a half buck more costly than the PSI kits and I prefer the 10K plating to the PSI 24K for durability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom