CA storage

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kaydubya

Having bulk purchased CA for price reasons, and being aware that (1) CA has a limited shelf life and (2) some folk advocate storing it in the fridge to extend shelf life, I'm wondering if storing it in the freezer would harm it in any way. I've been told all the fridge space is needed for storing food, you see! :rolleyes:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Having bulk purchased CA for price reasons, and being aware that (1) CA has a limited shelf life and (2) some folk advocate storing it in the fridge to extend shelf life, I'm wondering if storing it in the freezer would harm it in any way. I've been told all the fridge space is needed for storing food, you see! :rolleyes:

I have been told the same about 1 year ago, and I had hundreds of dollars invested in CA and accelerator so, I invested another $200 and purchased a bar fridge and put it in the work-shop, best thing I ever did, is filled with paints, sylastics , markers, epoxy and off-course some water that is always cold in Summer, and close by...!

That's my story and I stick with it...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

KenV

Have had good success using the freezer to store for long periods of time. Allow to reach room temperature before using though.

Take a look at the manufacturer's web site and the MSDS. Somewhere they will usually give the shelf life and possibly storage suggestions. FastCap claims a two-year minimum shelf life from the date of receipt. They will also replace any that goes bad during that two years even if stored out in the shop. They also ship all over the world.

1080Wayne

I use the freezer without problem , and usually without letting it warm up to room temp before use , but I live in a dry climate with usually low RH . Opening a frozen bottle will cause condensation to form in the bottle . Moisture is a CA accelerant , so the shelf life will be reduced . That is probably why some manufacturers argue against cold storage . But high temp storage also reduces shelf life , so take your pick .

I bought a small freezer dedicated to all my painting stuff. It turns out they're fine and the quality of the paints, markers, etc. were still the same. I tell you, this is a good investment for storing your art stuff.

jfoh

Craigslist for a small dorm type fridge is the ticket. I found mine for free, my favorite price, that way.

Top Bottom