CA Bottles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hcpens

Yes, when done using them, each and every time, upright the bottle at a slight angle and gently squeeze the bottle to clear the tube/nozzle, and wipe the tip of any excess.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Don't cap the bottle and lightly tap the bottle on the bottle to keep the tip open between use. When my tips do clog, I can usually remove the dried build up fro the tip with a pair of pliers.

csr67

I like the Satellite City CA glues. I can cheaply buy a 12 pack of replacement tips and just change them out when they get totally fubar'ed.

jttheclockman

I like the Satellite City CA glues. I can cheaply buy a 12 pack of replacement tips and just change them out when they get totally fubar'ed.

I second this. Have done this and will continue to do it because it is the glue I use.

I have one other CA glue I want to do a test on and there is another that I want to buy and also test. But I am testing them for strength not finishing. For finishing I will stay with the Hot stuff.

After using I always just tap the side of the bottle on the edge of something and it will release the surplus from the nozzle back into the bottle.

Skie_M

I just use the little disposable tubes from Harbor Freight.

If I ever do end up going for a large bottle, however, I'ld probably pick up one that has a "needle tip" style which will keep the tip from clogging. But for now, I prefer the convenience of opening a fresh container of it as needed and not worrying about losing a large amount of it if I forget to cap the tube/bottle when I'm done using it.

Sabaharr

Gregory, forgetting to cap is not the problem. The glue will last a long time uncapped. The problem is capping it with glue on the tip and then the glue does what glue does and the cap won't come off or the tip stops up. Time to pull out the pliers and hope the glue gives up before the bottle cap does.

montmill

The cap, not the tip. When I try and open it to refill it's stuck shut. A couple of small bottles I bought from a supplier are so thin they pretty near twist so I can't get a good grip on them. The factory bottles do it too, even though they're made of more sturdy material.
Dave Fritz
PS I have acetone and can soak the whole thing in that if need be but wondered if there was something you put on the threads so they don't stick shut.

TurtleTom

I had the same problem. Thinking poorly, I've been prying the old glue off with a knife. Yesterday I cut the taper so I put it all in an old mustard bottle this morning. I'm not expecting that to work very well either. But as long as I can saw off the top to pour into another experiment, I'm happy. Yeah yeah, buy some bottles cheapskate, I know.

Skie_M

Hmm .... might work to wax your applicator tips?

It might also work to use a vinyl cap, which CA generally doesn't stick to very well.

J Michael

I pretty much do what HCPENS suggested - holding the bottle upright I squeeze it 2-3 times to clear the glue out of the tip and then wipe the outside of the tip before putting the cap back on. Don't have a problem doing it this way.

Top Bottom