Bottle Stopper Finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jack1064

Not sure if this is the right area to ask this question, but here goes anyway, I am a huge fan of the CA Glue finish on Pens, but I am in the process of making a few bottle stoppers and want to know how and what I should finish these with.
Thanks

Skye

I've used thin ca, It works great although it can tend to gather in the beads and coves.

Some other people have had a lot of sucess by turning a handful of stoppers, then setting them on tall dowels, sitting them in a spray booth, then hosing them down with spray lacquer. Multiple coats, let them sit for a few days while it cures, then LIGHTLY sand and biff them.

I've also seen people use cellulose sanding sealer, letting it harden, then buffing it.

I'd go with the thin CA on one and try that. If that bothers you, then give the spray lacquer a shot. Someone posted their process, you'll probably find if if you search for 'lacquer' and 'stoppers' in the same search.

I use CA on some but prefer a wipe on poly on most.. just wipe on, set them on dowels to dry an cure, then mount them on the stopper part. I usually buff lightly just before I put the stopper dowels in. I don't do the cones much any more.

Top Bottom