Best way to Finish PR Castings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ALexG

Hi I was wondering what is the best finish for castings/plastics, I'm just using 3 coats of Hutt friction polish. Do you use CA as well?, I was doing so far BLO/CA only for Woods

ragz

one step polish, brasso, silvo is all you need after micromesh. If you have small chipouts you can repair those with ca but pr, alumilite, silmar etc do not need a finish

bitshird

Just turn, sand and if you want to use Micro Mesh, (I don't) I sand to wet sand to 800 or 1000 grit then polish with Novus coarse then Novus fine scratch remover and assemble, it wouldn't help any thing putting a friction polish on Acrylic, The exception would be if there were worthless wood, or some other organic substance in the Acrylic, Then it becomes necessary to use preferably CA to finish and seal the wood, Pasta, Spices, or what ever is embedded in the Acrylic.

Rangertrek

I wet sand as needed, and use Novus scratch compound if needed, and then use PlastX. Generally, just go straight to the PlastX after sanding. May sand to 600. Sometimes use all the Micro Mesh grits.

Top Bottom