bargain on acetone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

okiebugg

I use quite a bit of acetone in my shop for various projects.

When I go to Lowe's or Home Depot it costs the same for a quart or a gallon. Quarts costing the customer about $13.00. I was shopping with my wife today, and went into Sally Beauty Supply and while looking around at the women and stuff on the shelf, I found full quarts of refined 'pure' Acetone for $4.99. I would think that most beauty suppliers would have about the same.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

el_d

you got to check out there sanding sponges, they work great, especially the blue foam with black very fine grit on one side and a polisher on the other side..

PTsideshow

Only one thing to be sure about the use of the word Pure, Labeling can mean different things in different countries. Make sure you are satisfied that there are no coloring or scent oils in it. Since it is made for removing finger nail polish. And most women prefer the pleasant smelling kind. Same thing if you have the need to bleach wood blanks with stains, that you want to be removed. The Hydrogen peroxide used for the hair treatments is a higher strength, they have a number of strength per centages.
:clown:

okiebugg

Acetone

Only one thing to be sure about the use of the word Pure, Labeling can mean different things in different countries. Make sure you are satisfied that there are no coloring or scent oils in it. Since it is made for removing finger nail polish. And most women prefer the pleasant smelling kind. Same thing if you have the need to bleach wood blanks with stains, that you want to be removed. The Hydrogen peroxide used for the hair treatments is a higher strength, they have a number of strength per centages.

I was born in the night, but not last night. Before I put anything on this forum, it is thoroughly checked out or I wouldn't write about it. I am joking. Most of it is true. ( I am a chemist)

PTsideshow

I was born in the night, but not last night. Before I put anything on this forum, it is thoroughly checked out or I wouldn't write about it. I am joking. Most of it is true. ( I am a chemist)

Never implied that you didn't, in using acetone as a prep/cleaner for paint brushes or in prepping metal items for patinas the "pure" acetone with the sent oils from the beauty supply leaves too much residue behind. As with all the lead in the inks and paints from the import toys etc. They have different standards then we do for the levels we want in products.

Top Bottom