Barae Button Click, & Chshion Gripe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyh

Has anyone turned many of either of these pens? I got a starter set of each since my fellow employees seem to want them over the other styles. The problem that I seem to be having is that they will click out, in , out and then will stop working. it seems to happen to apx. 3/4 of my pens. I checked to make sure that I didn't trim off to much of the barrel, and the finished barrel is less than .0072 shorter than the new brass barrel. I know that tollerances are critical, but I hope that they aren't that critacal. I haven't called Barea yet. That will happen when I get home after work today. I'm lost baffeled, and bambosaled,:([?] so any suggestion that you my have before then would be a big help.
Thanks,
Michael

WoodChucker

Michael,

Yes, I've tried them and there junk, it's the only thing I ever bought from Berea that I didn't like. They make another one that seems to be pretty good, but most of the guys that have been turning for awhile will tell you to stay away from any click pen, I have a feeling there right. [:)]

R.T.

G

I've turned a couple of button clicks.
The mechanism sounds "Cheap". Not very solid.
It isn't much bigger than a slimline,it is an 8 mm tube.
It would be nice if someone made a larger diameter one.

patrick_1853

I made several of the click pens when I first started turning. The first one I messed up (barrel way to short), but didnt realize what was wrong so I called. While talking to the guy at Berea, he kept repeating, "these aren't the best click mechanisms" which after getting some together correctly and realizing the jamming problem seemed to be his way of telling me that they were junk. I decided I wasn't gonna get anymore of them, even though I really like the look of the pen because at lease once a week my dad will complain that his is broken again. Then its a matter of unjamming the mechanism, not hard to do, but annoying. After these pens and then realizing just how much plastic was in an El Grande, I kinda quit ordering from Berea all together even though they have some of the better kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom