An assembly DOH!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mywoodshopca

Charlottetown, PEI Canada, Derby Kansas and Canyon
Well, just finishing off my second of six BOW that my daughter will be giving her teachers, principal and pastors tomorrow:present: (private christian school), and then after pressing the nib in and the trans, I put the ink in.. but wait.. it wouldnt go in... looked inside, couldnt see through it.. Then it hit me..:redface: I dont see that darn little plastic ink cover in the bag.. seems it was "hiding" inside the trans end when I pressed it in.. Thanks to William, I used his disassembly plans and cut down one of my 12" drill bits (anything in a pinch) and used it to poke the nib out.. Talk about being nervous LOL

Live and learn I guess :biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

markgum

I think it is a plot against us. The manufacture of the kits put those in there so we will get ticked off and destroy the pen and have to buy a new kit.
Glad I'm not the only one to have that happen to me.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Well, just finishing off my second of six BOW that my daughter will be giving her teachers, principal and pastors tomorrow:present: (private christian school), and then after pressing the nib in and the trans, I put the ink in.. but wait.. it wouldnt go in... looked inside, couldnt see through it.. Then it hit me..:redface: I dont see that darn little plastic ink cover in the bag.. seems it was "hiding" inside the trans end when I pressed it in.. Thanks to William, I used his disassembly plans and cut down one of my 12" drill bits (anything in a pinch) and used it to poke the nib out.. Talk about being nervous LOL

Live and learn I guess :biggrin:

Hey, that expensive disassembly kit paid for itself! :biggrin: Glad it helped.

alphageek

Former Moderator
i HATE those little things... That happened to me once, and had NO idea what the heck was in there... The funny thing is they are rubbery and really wanted to push back when I tried my disassembly.

Grr.. Now I'm much more careful if I don't see that little piece in the bag.

Top Bottom