Air brush compressor came today!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MiteyF

I have the same compressor, although differently branded. Before you start to work on a real project, I'd suggest getting in a few hours of spray time. My compressor ended up leaking quite badly where the regulator screws into the main compressor body after an hour or so of use. Teflon tape wasn't enough to get it sealed up tight, it took me a few tries. I also ended up re-sealing where the gauge screws into the regulator. Just a heads up, better to fix it early than when you're halfway though a real project. Since the re-sealing, it's been working great for me.

I also installed a fan on top of the cooling fins using a 3d printed bracket and a spare 12v power supply to help keep it cool, as I'd heard they can run a bit warm. I didn't notice that problem so much, but can't help tinkering. I can upload a pic if you'd like.

Get to practicing, it's fun!

Woodchipper

I can upload a pic if you'd like.
MiteyF, I would appreciate it. I have a heater that has a fan-only setting; might see what that will do.
Tony, got a practice session on the to-do list. Next week, the wife and I are going to Knoxville for an AAW chapter meeting. An acquaintance and great woodturner, John Lucas, is doing a demo on airbrushing! Method to my madness- there are ton of shopping centers around that part of town. Do some Christmas shopping, dinner, and the demo. What could be better? OK, landing a stash of wood that fills the pickup truck. Attached is a photo of one of his works. John makes a number of mirrors. I think he has posted this on the AAW forum.

Attachments

• Galaxy mirror red planet-2.jpg
    Galaxy mirror red planet-2.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

MiteyF

Chipper, here's what my compressor looks like all "fixed" up. I 3d printed the bracket (it just presses into the cooling fins). The file is available on Thingiverse if you have or know someone who has a 3d printer. The fan is obviously just a cheap CPU fan (I had this one laying around in the spares bin). I also had a 12v wall adapter in the spares bin, and I stripped out the guts and installed it in the 3"x3" plastic case (more scrap), and wired the input side of the adapter into the 120v so I didn't have an extra plug to fool with. I missed something, because I wanted it to be switched with the compressor, but it comes on as soon as you plug the compressor in. I'll get into it and fix it someday, but it works fine as is. All told, only about 2 beers worth of work, and she stays much cooler now than she did.

z0rNnMJ.jpg

5WT90Vz.jpg

Top Bottom