Accelerators

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JCochrun

I have noticed slight differences between different brands of CA glue. Are there differences between different brands of accelerators?

Thanks,

Jim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JCochrun

Which one is better? I've been using aerosol from Woodcraft. What would be the differences if I was using the pump stuff like what Monty sells?

azamiryou

I think aerosol is much better. Monty sells rechargeable spray cans (you fill them with an air compressor) for his accelerator, that's what I use. It's a little pricey up front, but the bottles are so much cheaper than buying it by the spray can that it doesn't take long to pay for itself.

JCochrun

I think aerosol is much better. Monty sells rechargeable spray cans (you fill them with an air compressor) for his accelerator, that's what I use. It's a little pricey up front, but the bottles are so much cheaper than buying it by the spray can that it doesn't take long to pay for itself.

Do they come with good instructions or is it pretty easy to figure out? I've got a compressor but never used it for something like this. But I am all about trying to save a little money. Gives me more to spend on other parts of the woodturning hobby.

Jim

robutacion

Do they come with good instructions or is it pretty easy to figure out? I've got a compressor but never used it for something like this. But I am all about trying to save a little money. Gives me more to spend on other parts of the woodturning hobby.

Jim

Even I can answer that, and there is nothing to be worried about with the use of one of these spray bottles/atomisers, fill it about 2/3 up put the lid on, put the pressure in the exact same way as you do it in a tyre and spray away...! They come with various nozzles from supper fine to coarse spray so, you need the supper fine mist nozzle on it and on your way, you go...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

azamiryou

Exactly - it's like a spray paint can except in addition to the spray head, there's a tire valve on it. And the cap screws off so you can fill it. (Don't do that while there's still pressure in it!)

The only caution is to make sure you get the right one for the accelerator you use - different plastics react differently to different accelerators, and the seals need to be compatible.

Top Bottom