30 - 30 Cartridge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
After polishing used 30 - 30 cartridge with brasso, is it possible to put a lacquer finish on it to preserve the shine. I only have a few cartridges and didn't want to ruin one by trying when someone here might have previous knowledge.
Thanks for any response.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
First off. welcome to IAP.
Some have had success with a lacquer finish, but mine always pealed off so I went with a clear powder coating.

Clear powder coating is by far the most durable. I have used thick and thin CA coats wet sanded smooth. While the thick looks and performs better, it will still chip out eventually from use and the chipped areas will tarnish.

glycerine

There IS a lacquer that is made specifically for brass, though I have never used it, just thought I'd point it out in case you didn't know about it.

KenV

Krylon Clear Coat on top of a very well cleaned case -- not as good as powder coating, but if you are not set uo for powder coating......

rd_ab_penman

After cleaning the casing and projectile wipe down with Acetone prior to coating.
I use the dipping method using a 60% lacquer thinner and 40% clear automotive lacquer.

I don't recommend clear powder coating as I found that it discolors the brass and copper taking away the bright shine.

Les

Top Bottom