2015 Shop Life Photo Contest - FINAL RESULTS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

Ladies and Gentlemen, I hereby present to you the winners of the 2015 IAP Birthday Bash Shop Life Photography Contest:

In 3rd Place, winning a Box-O-Blanks by Edohmann (#1) ($25 Value) & 1 Box-O-Blanks by garyMCG ($25 Value) (I'll have to ask if there's something we can do about that first BOB...)

edohmann!!!!! (AKA Edgar Dohmann)

129714d1424515889-preliminary-voting-1-shop-life-photography-contest-shop_life_03.jpg

In 2nd Place, winning a Mark James Box #1 ($40 Value Blanks/kits/Bushings) & Bad Dog Burls Gift Certificate (and giving me a heart attack when I saw him claim the photo before I realized he did it an hour after the poll closed!!!)

krash!!!!! (AKA Kelly Moore)

129723d1424516237-preliminary-voting-2-shop-life-photography-contest-shop_life_12.jpg

And in 1st Place, winning 1 lot of HealeyDays Honeycomb Blanks ($100 Value) (and my eternal jealousy... I gotta get me some of those!!!)

philb
!!!!! (AKA Phil Baldwin)

129720d1424516237-preliminary-voting-2-shop-life-photography-contest-shop_life_09.jpg

Congratulations to all the winners!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

Below are the other entries. all of which were fantastic, and I thank each and every one of you for entering!!!

alankulwicki7 (aka Doug Swanson)
129712d1424515889-preliminary-voting-1-shop-life-photography-contest-shop_life_01.jpg

southernclay (aka Warren Welch)
129713d1424515889-preliminary-voting-1-shop-life-photography-contest-shop_life_02.jpg

allisnut (aka Adam Davis)
129715d1424515889-preliminary-voting-1-shop-life-photography-contest-shop_life_04.jpg

akingkubo (aka Maria Filamor-Robinson)
129716d1424515889-preliminary-voting-1-shop-life-photography-contest-shop_life_05.jpg

RustySplinters (aka Michael Russell)
129717d1424515889-preliminary-voting-1-shop-life-photography-contest-shop_life_06.jpg

rholiday (aka Bob Holiday)
129718d1424515889-preliminary-voting-1-shop-life-photography-contest-shop_life_07.jpg

penultimate (aka [FONT=&quot]Mike Weiby[/FONT])
129719d1424516237-preliminary-voting-2-shop-life-photography-contest-shop_life_08.jpg

jsolie (aka [FONT=&quot]John Solie[/FONT])
129721d1424516237-preliminary-voting-2-shop-life-photography-contest-shop_life_10.jpg

Brian G (aka Brian Garthwaite)
129722d1424516237-preliminary-voting-2-shop-life-photography-contest-shop_life_11.jpg

sschering (aka [FONT=&quot]Scott Schering[/FONT])
129724d1424516237-preliminary-voting-2-shop-life-photography-contest-shop_life_13.jpg

Chuck Key (aka [FONT=&quot]John Grounds[/FONT])
129725d1424516237-preliminary-voting-2-shop-life-photography-contest-shop_life_14.jpg

Congratulations to all the winners, and a great job by ALL!!!

Last edited:

Krash

[/COLOR]
In 2nd Place, winning a Mark James Box #1 ($40 Value Blanks/kits/Bushings) & Bad Dog Burls Gift Certificate (and giving me a heart attack when I saw him claim the photo before I realized he did it an hour after the poll closed!!!)

krash!!!!! (AKA Kelly Moore)

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Sorry man. I was watching to make sure the voting had closed. After I did it, I was hoping I didn't do anything wrong but I wanted to share the story behind it. Thanks for not booting me!

Tom T

Congratulations to all great stuff in these photos.

Who ever has the interlocking gray floor I have lots of gray locking tiles from the same type floor I will give away. I live in Florida, if you want them hope I am close to where you are.
Send me PM

toddlajoie

No reason to boot you. Voting was closed and all is good with the world!!! I had forgotten that the polls closed mid-day, My original plan was to have them close near to midnight tonight, but that didn't work out with the time I had to create the polls...

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Congratulations Phil & Kelly - your photos are well deserving of Gold & Silver. I'm tickled just to have a spot on the podium.

All the photos were great. I was pretty happy with mine going in, but when I saw all the competition, I knew it was gonna be a tough contest.

Thanks to Todd for the great job in running the photo contests and thanks to all the donors for their contributions.

Edgar

Brian G

Congratulations to the winning entries!

For my entry, a poem:

There was a cherry burl
that had a little curl
right in the middle where the tube goes.
When it was drilled
the little curls spilled
missed by the suck of the vac hose.

Sharp bits matter! :)
129722d1424516237-preliminary-voting-2-shop-life-photography-contest-shop_life_11.jpg

Krash

Ha ha ... This is what I posted in the other thread.

I was going to title it "Why I Don't Have a Pen Entry for the Bash." :biggrin:

That was right in the sweet spot of my baseboard cutting (chop saw in the background), sanding and painting the baseboards (painters plastic covering some junk and tables with drop cloths),texturing the walls (mud and mixing tub by the *dusty* golf clubs), painting (ladders and various paint buckets), and caulking (caulking gun). For strength, there is the obligatory snack (tub of Mint Milanos). Note that my work bench to the right is pretty much engulfed in "stuff".

And it was 20 degrees.

My shop life ... exactly!

Looking forward to getting back to "normal"! :wink:

alankulwicki7

Congrats to all the winners! There was some tough competition:)

I took my photo about two hours before the contest closed. Since I did not have time to make any pens for the contests this year I figured I could at least enter a photo:biggrin:

Krash

Wasn't expecting that!!
Thanks to everyone involved, donors, organisers and of course the voters!
Never used the honeycomb blanks before so awaiting a new blank to try!
Phil

Yea, I wasn't expecting a place either since it was just a picture of my messy garage. But it is my shop ... and it is my life!

Congrats on the honeycomb blank win. I have one of them that I have not turned yet. Just waiting for the right time and kit.

I am looking forward to visiting the Bad Dog Burls site and picking out something unique!

Krash

I got my prize box from Edgar yesterday. Wow! :)

A LFRB filled to the brim with native Texas woods, many I bet from Edgar's land. Mesquite, huisache, hickory, tickle tongue, pecan .... (I'm doing this from memory) ... some vine material I can't remember the name of. A real treasure trove of southwest woods not normally seen or heard from unless it is in some dastardly contest put on by Edgar. I look forward to employing them in the future, both for pens and bowls.

Thanks Edgar!!! :biggrin:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I got my prize box from Edgar yesterday. Wow! :)

A LFRB filled to the brim with native Texas woods, many I bet from Edgar's land. Mesquite, huisache, hickory, tickle tongue, pecan .... (I'm doing this from memory) ... some vine material I can't remember the name of. A real treasure trove of southwest woods not normally seen or heard from unless it is in some dastardly contest put on by Edgar. I look forward to employing them in the future, both for pens and bowls.

Thanks Edgar!!! :biggrin:

Thanks Kelly - glad you like the selection. Yes most of it is from our farms but a few pieces are from some of my Texas buddies. I'm thinking that that odd looking vine material might make a good wood ID contest some day :wink:

Krash

Thanks Kelly - glad you like the selection. Yes most of it is from our farms but a few pieces are from some of my Texas buddies. I'm thinking that that odd looking vine material might make a good wood ID contest some day :wink:

I think I may just stick to turning that odd-looking vine material! :wink:

Thanks again. I hope you got some cool stuff from Mark, cause Mark has ... cool stuff! :biggrin:

Top Bottom